Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] 9.11 A1 Install Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install the Live Version of 9.11 A1 to my Revo. I do not have a external CD-ROM Drive. So I was going to do the same steps I took when I installed 9.04 which was to install it to a Flash Drive then use that Flash Drive to Install to the Revo HDD. When I burn the ISO of 9.11 and restart my Desktop and I get the Menu, and Select Install XBMC It never asks me which drive to Install it to and just Prompts me to Login. I'm new to XBMC, but not new to Linux. TIA

Kev
nvous23 Wrote:I'm trying to install the Live Version of 9.11 A1 to my Revo. I do not have a external CD-ROM Drive. So I was going to do the same steps I took when I installed 9.04 which was to install it to a Flash Drive then use that Flash Drive to Install to the Revo HDD. When I burn the ISO of 9.11 and restart my Desktop and I get the Menu, and Select Install XBMC It never asks me which drive to Install it to and just Prompts me to Login. I'm new to XBMC, but not new to Linux. TIA

Kev

same problem also, looks like a bad iso or something possibly?
when you arrive at the command line, type
Code:
installXBMC

I think it's a bug, because a lot of person have this issue: the script doesn't start automatically
... me too ... it's a bug, of course!
AH, okay thank you... any other common bugs/quirks to keep a look out for?
I cant insatll off CD Huh trying to move the highlighted test with the cursor crashes the PC.... tried a couple of downloads and different speeds of burn and brand.
put your usb key in one of the ports in the back instead of the top / front one.
Tried a fresh install of 9.11 on my revo, XBMC is not happy at all. The NVidia 190.42 driver breaks the sound (hdmi) and experienced a lot of xbmc reboots. Am i the only one?
Creating a USB live install via unetbootin also failed for me, used the virtualbox method to create my key.

hope this helps you!