Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Anyremote commands (using your cell phone as an XBMC remote!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've finally figured out a good way to use my phone to control XBMC instead of the web interface which barely works: Anyremote.

The best part of it: if your phone supports wifi your XBMC machine doesn't even need bluetooth (though it supports bluetooth) because you can open a socket to run anyremote on.

It supports themes on phones and means most people with smart phone don't need to deal with the web interface or using something like eventghost.

It even comes with an xbmc config file. To run the program is use:
Code:
anyremote -f /usr/share/anyremote/cfg-data/Server-mode/xbmc.cfg -s socket:5000 -log &

when I run tail -f .anyremote/anyremote.log I can see it's accepting all my commands (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT etc). The problem is I'm running it in console over SSH so my commands aren't being sent to XBMC (I assume). Is there a way to execute:
Code:
anyremote -f /usr/share/anyremote/cfg-data/Server-mode/xbmc.cfg -s socket:5000 -log &

after XBMC (or before XBMC but after X) loads?

Other than this hiccup I'm really impressed with anyremote. If I can get it working I'll put together a proper tutorial for all linux users since you can use WiFi or bluetooth with any phone that supports J2ME.
Is there somewhere else I could ask this question, like Ubuntu forums? Just curious.
Did you ever get this working?
cewan Wrote:Did you ever get this working?

Unfortunately not. Thought I wish I could. I ended up buying a MCE remote
Got it working fine here, atleast on the server side of it all. but the non-JSR82 J2ME client on my XPeria X1i gets the icons all wrong somehow.