Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Launcher 3.2 beta3 looked quite good, so we made it the 3.2.1 release.

Should be available in Launcher->Downloads for all 3.x users.

It was mainly a compatibility fix for ATV r3.0/3.01, so there aren't any shiny new features.
Thanks to all who helped testing and provided bug reports!

EDIT2: s/3.2/3.2.1/
I did update launcher to 3.2. Should i update my atv to make launcher able to start xbmc?
currently running atv 2.4
Jaken Wrote:I did update launcher to 3.2. Should i update my atv to make launcher able to start xbmc?
currently running atv 2.4

uhm, you're saying that Launcher does not start XBMC?
MaestroDD Wrote:uhm, you're saying that Launcher does not start XBMC?

Yes. Screen goes black and the only thing i can do is to hold down menu button to get back to launcher menu.
I solved it by redoing patchstick and only update to launcher 3.1.
Jaken Wrote:Yes. Screen goes black and the only thing i can do is to hold down menu button to get back to launcher menu.
I solved it by redoing patchstick and only update to launcher 3.1.

hm, strange. Did you try Launcher 3.2 beta3 before?
Which XBMC version are you running?
Mind posting console.log?

In the meantime I've reverted Launcher 3.2 download. I'm not home and can't test right now, so it's probably better to have it not available yet.
I'm not sure if console.log got missing after i redid the patchstick. Anyway i dont got it now.

no i have not used launcher 3.2 beta 3.

I tried to run xbmc alfa2 it did not launch so i tried babylon. Same black screen there.

what i did:
factory restore atv to 2.4 -> pathcstick with laucher 1 -> launcher 3.1 -> launcher 3.2 -> xbmc alfa2 -> xbmc 9.04 -> patchstick -> launcher 3.1 -> xbmc alfa 2 -> success
Jaken Wrote:I'm not sure if console.log got missing after i redid the patchstick. Anyway i dont got it now.

no i have not used launcher 3.2 beta 3.

I tried to run xbmc alfa2 it did not launch so i tried babylon. Same black screen there.

what i did:
factory restore atv to 2.4 -> pathcstick with laucher 1 -> launcher 3.1 -> launcher 3.2 -> xbmc alfa2 -> xbmc 9.04 -> patchstick -> launcher 3.1 -> xbmc alfa 2 -> success

Hi Jaken,

Completely new to hacking ATV. Would you mind guiding me through the process? my ATV came with version 2.4 and already updated to 3.01 on it's own. Now I've reading the forum and understand that I must disable autoupdate on it but can you help me with the hacking process. Thanking you ahead of time whether you are able to or not.

djwillymix
Just installed 3.2beta3 on my updated AppleTV 3.01. However, is the unicode support disable. I used the same arialuni.ttf rename to arial.ttf into the media/Fonts folder. but the folder name will not show correctly (chinese). I dropped it like 4 times. Try quit out XBMC and also tried power off. nothing work.

When I used 3.1 with AppleTV 2.4. it is working fine.

Help Please!!!

Never mind, find it. need to change the fonts from default to Arial

Also the RMVB loading is very good. but frame somehow still seems skipping a little.
Hi djwillymix

You can disable autoupdate from the XBMC menu in ATV>Launcher>Settings

If you want general advice on installing XBMC on ATV 3 then this is a very good guide

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=433...stcount=10

You can probably skip the step to SSH in and download the Launcher as it should now be available through the ATV menu ATV>Launcher>Downloads
Hey guys,

probably you've all seen the topic on this (or any other thread). If it doesn't match the stuff you want to post, open an new one.
So, please, don't hijack threads!
Sorry, I guess that was directed at me...just trying to help.

Anyway, re XBMC getting in front of finder is it this problem+fix you're referring to?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61352
logan_x50 Wrote:Hi djwillymix

If you want general advice on installing XBMC on ATV 3 then this is a very good guide

You can probably skip the step to SSH in and download the Launcher as it should now be available through the ATV menu ATV>Launcher>Downloads
Thank you so much Logan_x50. Will try tonight.
logan_x50 Wrote:Hi djwillymix

Logan_x50,

Thanks soooooooo very much! finally got Boxee working today. Your help much appreciated.

djwillymix
I see the latest versions of XBMC (9.11 alpha 2) & Boxee (alpha 0.9.14.6992) in Launcher>Downloads however the Launcher download itself is still shown as 3.1.
Do I need to change a link somewhere or another?

I'm currently using the beta3 Launcher.
trailer Wrote:I see the latest versions of XBMC (9.11 alpha 2) & Boxee (alpha 0.9.14.6992) in Launcher>Downloads however the Launcher download itself is still shown as 3.1.
Do I need to change a link somewhere or another?
nope, I've reverted the download back to 3.1, as 3.2 seems to have problems (see above, between those OT posts).
Pages: 1 2 3