Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can you limit how many articles are returned in RSS feeds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Specifically what I want to do is have perhaps the first five RSS links of any feed before it skips on to the next one.

The reason for this is I want to follow about ten people on Twitter, and without being able to limit the amount of links you get, you have to sit through a whole feed before the next one.

It's not a big deal, but is there a way to do this by simply editing the RssFeeds.xml prefs file?

Any tips appreciated. I love XBMC to death... it turned my useless Xbox into a formidable media hub. Great piece of software... sits next to Firefox and MeGUI in my top three favourite pieces of software!
I don't think XBMC (or any simple rss reader) can do that, but Yahoo Pipes probably can.
I too would love to be able to do this.

Something along the lines of the "feed updateinterval="30"" option. Like "topics="2".

Code:
[size=xx-small]<feed updateinterval="30",topics="2">http://feeds.feedburner.com/xbmc</feed>[/size]
I'm most likely off.

I have some screenlets in linux that do this but I think they do more that just simply grabbing the feed.

I'm sure that this can be done in XBMC. Just would take fiddling.
Any updates on this one? It would be a VERY logical addition.