Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to stop XBMC from booting as shell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I've just installed ubuntu for the first time so bear with me if I don't see the obvious solutions.

I just bought a Zotac IONITX A motherboard to make a HTPC/server with ubuntu and xbmc. However, after installing most of the system and getting Ubuntu to work somewhat intentional, I couldn't resist the temptation to change the shell to XBMC, just to see how it worked. I know there is a warning against it on the install page, but I thought it was reversible.. but it seems it wasn't. Now every time I boot the system, it goes straight to XBMC and there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.

Is there anyway to force the system to boot gnome again? I found this guide but I'm already lost at step one since there, as far as I can tell, never comes a prompt for pressing escape. Even pressing escape wildly as the system boots (a little desperate, I know) didn't help.

Can anyone offer some advice? Keep in mind you might have to explain it in a lot of detail for me to get it, as I'm not that used to Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance