Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there any revo gotchas (3610)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am about to purchase a revo (3610) to install Karmic and latest alpha - any gotchas (other than no BT), advice etc?

Is a 3610 about the best option for dual core / ion under £200 in the UK.

Thanks in advance
I got my 3610 last week purely to put XBMC on to replace an old xbox, and for just over £160 it can't be beat.

Though I have to admit installing XBMC was a PITA to start with, only time I've literally felt the desire to take a sledgehammer to something. But the next day XBMCLive 9.10A2 was released and that went on with no problems.

I think people have had problems getting the wireless working, I can't comment on that as mine sits 2 feet from my router and the ethernet cable works just fine Smile
Go for the Asrock ION, you can read al about it on the form. Nice review by blittan on the front page.
I have had both the Revo and ASRock - and now have two Revo's both single core and dual core versions.

ASRock is bigger, noisier and more expensive. Stick with the revo.
Got a single core revo best £150 I ever spent. Had problems with the wireless initially but easy enough with info from the forum. Pays to lurk Smile
prae5 Wrote:I have had both the Revo and ASRock - and now have two Revo's both single core and dual core versions.

ASRock is bigger, noisier and more expensive. Stick with the revo.

Excellent, thanks
Silv8rfox Wrote:Got a single core revo best £150 I ever spent. Had problems with the wireless initially but easy enough with info from the forum. Pays to lurk Smile
diual core is £10 more, delivered