Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network Settings SMB Client is missing PM3.HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
9.11. alpha2 r24542 Windows 7 64 PM3.HD

In the Network Settings only to areas available, Server and Internet access.

And in this two areas I don't found something to set SMB-Client User and Password.

The view is complete different as described in the wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Network_Settings

I hope someone can give me a info, how I can configure SMB-Client Settings.
They're gone as they're no longer needed. XBMC prompts and stores any username and passwords you set as required.
jmarshall Wrote:They're gone as they're no longer needed.

Needed is in the eye of the user. I beg to differ, myself.

edit: to clarify,

I think this option is still needed where xbmc is not run at an interactive logged in user level.

For example, the xbox and ATV and perhaps even Live, the user does not log in to the box and then run XBMC afterwards.

Whereas the windows/linux/osx (and I realize that ATV runs the osx version), the user typically is logged into an interactive user account and then XBMC run as an application.

The windows/linux/osx can therefore be assumed to use the creditionals of whatever they logged in as, however xbox/atv/live are not logged in under and interactive user and may have to access multiple shares/servers for which they have (or had) a specificed global default user/password.
What does being logged in have anything to do with it?

XBMC saves usernames and passwords at a per share and per server level. If you have multiple shares on the same server with the same credentials then you need only input them once.

If you have multiple servers with the same username and password then you need only input them once per server.

Hardly a chore, and for 99.99% of users, this means they only have to input the details once, and only at the time that it's actually required. Much, much better than having to put something into a settings screen that's not obviously related to what you're doing at the time, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
I am having a problem with xbmc logging in as well. This new layout for the skin must be rather new. I noticed my htpc(ubuntu 9.04) and the windows 7 partition on this laptop still have these options. I go to add my video sources, navigate to to smb shares, then the computer containing my video shares, and first it asks for login information. I give it the needed information and it does not accept my password.

I am able to access the folders under normal folder exploring, it accepts my login information. I can access the folders just fine under my htpc, my windows 7 partition on this laptop, and my main pc. In past installations of xbmc I have always navigated to settings and network and set a default username and password, if this is the new way thats fine. What do I need to do to get my login working

I thought I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's here. All the computers are set under the same workgroup. Since every box here is behind the firewall, and it is just me on this physical network, every computer uses the same username and password, I am pretty sure I am typing the password in correctly. Whats keeping me from getting to my folders.
Please post full debug log
http://pastebin.com/m850a06b

I have made one slight edit to this debug log, I removed my password, from 4 lines and replaced it with PASSWORD REMOVED.