Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LIRC, Harmony Remote 890, XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

I'm having an issue setting up my XBMC box with my Harmony remote.

The crux of it seems to be that lircd - or rather, irrecord specifically - has a hard time reading information from my harmony remote.

I tried setting up my Harmony Remote to talk to xbmc as if it were a "Microsoft Xbox w/ Remote", and I received errors about not being able to find gap information.

I then tried setting it up as a Microsoft MCE computer, and got a bit farther, but ultimately had issues with some sort of toggle bit.

This leads me to believe that I have to pick some random profile to get it to work right - I'm curious if anyone knows what that magical profile is, or what I might have done wrong otherwise and how I can fix it.

My information:

- Running Gentoo Linux on a laptop
- USB Receiver is an IguanaWorks dual LED receiver
- lirc version 0.8.6-r1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have my harmony 555 working with "MCE remote" selected as the device in the Harmony software. Using a infrared USB MCE remote as the reciever.
Well, as you say, you need to find a magical profile for the Harmony Remote that works, which may or may not be possible.

The easiest would probably be to return the IguanaWorks Receiver, and just get a stock-default Windows Media Center IR Receiver. Those work out of the box with the Harmony if you tell it your device is just a Windows Media Center.
Note that I have "MCE Remote" Selected as the device model NOT "Media Centre" you can also choose "MCE Keyboard" as a device model in the Harmony software also.
does anybody have lircd.conf files for remotes other than MCE remote and keyboard?

My housemate's laptop keeps responding to my harmony when it's set to the above and it's annoying, but irrecord doesn't work reliably for me so I can't easily switch the configuration.

Thanks