Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi All,

I was very pleased to see how much faster version 9.11-b1 worked on my old PC which I use as Media Center and already worked fine with the stable version 9.04.
But unfortunatelly the videoplayer is not working properly now. I get a white screen, but sound is ok; also the controls are visible. But where the picture should be the screen is pure white.
Also when I view pictures, in between two images in the slideshow there is a few seconds of nervously flickering colored bars.
My PC has a SiS Mirage Graphics chipset (662 I believe); OS is windows XP SP 3.
A said before: the old XMBC version worked alright (with some movies some striping in the screen when much activity was shown -as if the processor could nog quite keep up refhreshing the image).
I was looking for the option to use an external player for the time being, but can't seem to find where to enable that. I already downgraded again back to 9.04, but after that my movie-library was not working properly anymore. At least I was able to view my films again (not in Library mode).
Anyone a helping suggestion to get things going again? Any help more than welcome.
Thanks in advance for you reactions. Keep up the good (not to say: excellent!) work!

regards,
Fred.
Please post full debug log ..
The big change was from using OpenGL to using DirectX. Somewhere along the way I also started getting all white video on my intel graphics powered laptop. Unfortunately I think it has to do with old crappy video drivers and lack of proper current directX support. A ticket has already been filed.
I have the same problem on my notebook with intel 855 GFX.
Thanks for your reactions. I already downloaded newer drivers for my SiS chipset, but they didn't do the trick. I will keep trying newer updates if I can find them and keep you posted. Meanwhile I use an external player for playing my movies, because the speed and crispier picture this new release gives me I like very much. Smile
CrashX Wrote:Please post full debug log ..

Will this do? I alsohave a crashlog, but that one isn't normally readable.

xbmc logfile is here (with errorlog on):

http://pastebin.com/m12ef97ab
I encountered the same problem.
I use a old P4 machine as htpc.
Since it does not have a AGP slot i use the on-board intel GPU.
XBMC always worked a bit choppy on this machine, so i was happy with the launch of 9.11 b1, the interface now works like a charm.

However, when i try to watch any video it get a white picture. (Click here for a screenshot)
Sounds works fine and the interface also shows perfectly.

My video card is the: Intel 82845G Graphics Controller
Latest drivers date from 21-6-2005 (6.14.10.4342) i experimented with older drivers dating back to 2003 but they didn't make any difference.

Full XBMC logfile: http://pastebin.com/f403bf41a
I've had problems with watching video on the 9.11-b1 release aswell. My system kept restarting everytime i tried watching video. Then i rolled back from XP Service Pack 3 to 2 and that did the trick. Maybe this will be a help to anyone.
Dannermax Wrote:I've had problems with watching video on the 9.11-b1 release aswell. My system kept restarting everytime i tried watching video. Then i rolled back from XP Service Pack 3 to 2 and that did the trick. Maybe this will be a help to anyone.

I just finished trying this.
I did a complete reinstall of windows xp sp2.
No update's, no patches, no other software.
Installed the latest video-drivers and lan drivers from a usb-drive, and installed xbmc.
Tried playing some dvd's, avi's and network streams.
Same result, white screen.
Perhaps some dxdiag information would help the devs on what is supported dx-wise by the card itself?

I just read in other forums that it helped to troubleshoot why they were getting white screens in some of the online mmorpgs.
Okay,
Don't know if it helps, but here is a Dxdiag log (saved for a month): http://pastebin.com/m2ad9b664
Same problem here. Everything works fine, except video playback resulting in a white screen on DirectX9 version of 9.11Beta1.

Intel P4 with ATI radeon 9200se videocard on AGP slot.

I did install MS VC++ redistributable and DirectX9c. I also completely removed the data folder when upgrading from the babylon stable release.

When reverting to the babylon stable release, everthing worked fine again.
Everything works fine
but video playback resulting in a white screen
Intel Celeron 1300. Nvidia Geforce 4 mx 440
So I was researching the 9200se and from what I can tell, it may have to do with what types of shaders the 9200se and the Intel cards support. For example the 9200se doesn't support 2.0 pixel shaders.

I don't know what kind of shaders XBMC uses for resizing and whatnot but its certainly something to check out.
Well i found a "solution".
It does not fix the problem with directx, but it does fix xbmc.
Go to http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and download the windows OpenGL version.
This one will work fine on your video card, not as fast as the directx version, but with video.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8