Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folder setup for TV Shows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, So for my movies it goes like

-Movies
--Movie Folder
---Movie.avi

and It works fabulous with XBMC, but for TV Shows I have it setup as:

-TV Shows
--TV Show Name
---Season 1
----Epsidoes.avi

and XBMC doesn't read it as it would a movie, and I'm just wondering how i should set up my folders for everything to work correctly.

Also should my music start with?

-Artist
--Album Name

or

-Album Name
--Songs

?

Thanks for your help!
The way you have things is fine. Don't guess at why things might be going wrong: Check the debug log during a scan.
Ok, I'll be sure to do that in the morning, thanks for the info. Is the log easy to read? If it is, I'm sure I can figure this out my self.

What about the way I should set up my music folders?
episodes.avi needs to contain some reference to episode number, something "1x1 - my dummy tv show.avi" (seasonXepisode - .....)

Music can be set up how you want, as long as the files are tagged properly
Easiest way I found to start off is to do as blittan says and add the episode number in the 1x01 or 1x1 format, I also had issues if there were numbers anywhere else in the filename but I think that may have been something with my setup. Just to make you aware.
the best string to indicate what season and ep a tv show is:

.s01e01.

so this would be blah.s01e01.blah.avi

this is the easiest method to extract 100% reliably as it is very unliely to be anyhting else and also has a fixed overall length.

The format of 1x1 and 1x01 are inferior as there are scenarios where the string can turn up as something else.

Its a close call but if your starting a new then pick the best.

Also a natural extension of this is

.s01e01p01.

for multipart eps