Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to play a DVD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ehm, I am using succesfully xbmc since a while, but I did never play a dvd.
Yesterday I tried to understand how to do this, but unsuccesfully.
I tried several things:
- Insert DVD and wait (in preferences I chose autoplay DVD)
- Create a new video source pointing to the dvd device (/dev/sr0)
- Create a new video source pointng to /media (fedora mount point for DVD)

No luck. The third of above allowed me to explore DVD contents (VIDEO_TS folder) but trying to play any file within lead XBMC to instant crash!

I am using svn24777 with Fedora12. Tried on 2 others PC with Fedora11, same results... OS speaking, my systems are fully capable of dvd playing, vlc xine and mplayer (the last with no menus) work very well.

What am I missing?
Thank you
Please post full debug log ...
CrashX Wrote:Please post full debug log ...

Here's the crashlog, with debug enabled, trying to access /media/.../VIDEO_TS/..
http://matrix-casamia.homelinux.org/xbmc_crashlog.tgz

Is this the right way to play DVDs? No mention in the manual, no autoplay either.

Thank you, If you need more infos, I am here
Any news? Debug was not useful?
No way to see dvd on Fedora?

Thank you
I'm not very clear myself regarding DVD playback in XBMC. I'm using 904 on Jaunty.
It works, though, but the only way to launch a DVD is to insert it in the player. If it's already in there, I have to eject and re-insert. There's no such thing as a DVD launcher in my XBMC menus.
Any help would be appreciated.
add a source pointing to your dvd drive. or use the 'play' arrow button in home.
spiff Wrote:add a source pointing to your dvd drive. or use the 'play' arrow button in home.

As I said in first post, I tried. The right path is /dev/sr0 but it doesn't work (path is not valid). At this point I am pretty sure that dvd with xbmc is not working in fedora