Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Camelot Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any idea when this is going to be built and be available on the Downloads Page?
I would like to know this as well. Had a really difficult time trying to get Alpha2 installed, si hoping Beta 1 will be up soon.
If alpha2 is installed on your system + works, just compile your own "beta1" via svn. There is a nice guide for that in the wiki.
or just drop out to tty2 (ctrl+f2) and type

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc
Silv8rfox Wrote:or just drop out to tty2 (ctrl+f2) and type

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Nice, I'll try that... Thanks.
a new live image (iso) probably won't be build until camelot is actually out, and not in beta/alpha/engineering/whatever status. Considering its like 96% done, just wait Smile

oh oh oh... and don't forget

It's done when it's done.
Evanrich Wrote:a new live image (iso) probably won't be build until camelot is actually out, and not in beta/alpha/engineering/whatever status. Considering its like 96% done, just wait Smile

oh oh oh... and don't forget

It's done when it's done.

Well they've been building Live ISO's for the each Alpha So far, so figured maybe they would do the same...
Silv8rfox Wrote:or just drop out to tty2 (ctrl+f2) and type

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

I've just done this to update Live Alpha 2 to Beta 1, but my box only comes up to the login prompt now. I can login and startx to get xbmc running, but it's back to the login prompt after a shutdown or reboot. Is there somthing I need to edit or create to get it logging in and starting on it's own?

Ta
Same issue here. Boots to a prompt every single time. I haven't had a chance to dig into it further, but I will this evening.

EDIT: Fixed it by adding runXBMC to rc.local
Need to update the live.conf at install.....at least that solved my problem
Silv8rfox Wrote:Need to update the live.conf at install.....at least that solved my problem

This is done how?
Not to change the subject, but XBMC live beta 1 is available now on the download page.
cjlesh Wrote:Not to change the subject, but XBMC live beta 1 is available now on the download page.
LOL, you're not changing the subject! That is the subject! Thanks for posting!
cjlesh Wrote:not to change the subject, but xbmc live beta 1 is available now on the download page.

ytmnd
I just tried to install it from CD to USB flash drive and I got the standard Ubuntu installation, with partitioning, GRUB bootloader installation, etc.

Was this intentional? As a Linux noob it wasn't too bad for me to fiddle through (didn't install Grub bootloader though as I was testing on a works laptop and didn't want to mess it up.
Pages: 1 2