Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC via Laptop to TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

So I'm trying to work out how to stream from my PC with all the Movies/TVshows in my bedroom, to a laptop (small hddrive) in the living room which is connected to the TV. Then I'm intending to use the iphone remote which I have up and working.

I've setup XBMC as a upnp server on the PC and installed XBMC on the laptop, and the laptop sees the server just fine. However, when I add UPNP source to the laptop, it doesn't scrap the information so I don't get all the artwork that I do on the PC. In fact, it doesn't even really add the movies to my library, I just see the shares in sources and can browse and pick a movie that way.

I'm using two copies of Beta Camelot.

Is there a better way to do this so I'll get all the scrapper info? Am I doing something wrong or is there some setting I'm missing so it will scrap the UPNP share and display it in my library?

I'm starting to consider just using a super long cable to get the PC screen to display in the living room or investing in a media server, but since I have the laptop spare, I figured I'd give this a shot first.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, but it seems to me that you are over-analyzing this.

Why not map to shares from the laptop to the bedroom pc? Seems very simple to me =\...