Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I add a new DVD to my HDD in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed ubuntu Karmic on my Acer AspireRevo 1600 and then installed XBMC 9.11B1 on that.

So far, with the help of the wiki user manual, I have added a source for my DVD images which are on my NAS and scanned them into the library. The same for my mp3 files and pictures.

All of my existing DVD images were added to the NAS using a ripper on OS X Leopard. For the remainder of my DVD collection I would like to archive them to the NAS using XBMC. The problem is, I don't understand how to do that. I can deg the DVD to play from the external dvd player but don't see a way to rip it to the HDD or NAS.

I am sure the information is out there, but my searches, so far, have not identified a method to do this. I am sure this is a noob question and I apologize for that. Still, I could use some pointers. How are others adding new DVDs with XBMC?

---------
Tired Old Man
I run linux so i use dvdbackup to pull the files to localdisk then genisoimage to convert to an iso.

This is a lossless copy which may or may not be what you require
dc2447 Wrote:I run linux so i use dvdbackup to pull the files to localdisk then genisoimage to convert to an iso.

This is a lossless copy which may or may not be what you require

I appreciate the reply and will try the apps you mentioned. I have not previously used either of them.

However, I would still like to identify a method that could be run from inside xbmc. Preferably, a method that could be run by selecting it with the USB remote control. My goal is to move this system and a locally connected external DVD player to my rec room and not have a keyboard or mouse attached.

---------
Tired
Any luck with that?