Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 9.11 Beta 1 Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I am definitely a noob here, but have exhausted many search options on the site.. I've never used a mac before, so much of the talk is above my head when people say "ohhh... just set all permissions to 777 through terminal".... DuhhhhHuh I figured out how to SSH via Putty and login to the unit, but don't know the command-line structure for the OS.

Anyways, with that being said, I am having a couple issues with 9.11 Beta... (love love love the new features through)

1.) There does not seem to be a way to scan for music for library interface on my AppleTV... works find on the Windows PCs, but not on the AppleTV unit. I know there are other threads with people having the same issue, but no resolution has been posted.

2.) There is no longer a "music plugins" selection to access my iTunes or other plugins.

3.) TheTVdb.com does not seem to pull any FanArt, just thumbs. This causes a problem in "Media Info" view as the Thumbs overlap the descriptions of the movies if they are active.

Just wondering if any of these issues have been resolved or should i just wait for the next release?
1. There should definitely be no problem with that. Add the source to your music, then Context Menu->Scan to library.

2. They may not have been included in the distributed build - not sure. In either case, the music plugins item only shows up if you actually have some plugins installed. You could grab them from the SVN repo installer, which should be installed (it may be under Programs)

3. I think there was a bug in the scraper included in beta1 - not 100 on that though. There's been numerous changes to that since beta1, so the next release should remedy it. I'm not sure what you mean by things overlapping though?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi jmarshall,

When I pull up the context menu in the Music section there is no option to scan to library... it displays the option to "Stop Scanning" even through it's not scanning. If i choose "Stop scanning" it doesn't do or change anything however. All my sources are added and i can browse them in file mode, but no luck getting anything into the library. Like i said, XBMC on my PC does this fine, it's just the AppleTV system that is having this issue. In another post there was a user having this issue, but he later replied to his own post saying "fixed it... just had to change the permissions..." I attempted to message him to ask what permissions needed to be changed, but with no reply.
A debug log may show the problem (and thus solution) for this.
Hello,

It's the same thing for me.

Contextual menu shows "Stop Scanning", but no way to begin to scan ...

JP
well, i did a system restore, re-patched and re-installed 9.11 beta1 and everything is working peachy now... my music library works!
Does it means that, after the "restore" you have lost all your media in the ATV ?
I don't store any media on the AppleTV. It is all stored on my network server and shared via SMB. I suppose I would have lost any media that was on the unit at the time when i did the restore though...
I am having problems with the scanning of music into the XBMC library. It seems to stop around the T's. I do have quite an extensive and large music collection... about 10k+ songs.

I do not have this problem with i-tunes or any other music library sw. Also tried re-scanning to no evail. I know this is BETA but wanted to let you guys know.

My setup is as follows:

XBMC Live - 9.11 Beta1
Intel Dual Core Processor
All media folders are SMB shares.

Any answers would be appreciated. BTW... love XBMC.
teshephe Wrote:I am having problems with the scanning of music into the XBMC library. It seems to stop around the T's. I do have quite an extensive and large music collection... about 10k+ songs.

I do not have this problem with i-tunes or any other music library sw. Also tried re-scanning to no evail. I know this is BETA but wanted to let you guys know.

My setup is as follows:

XBMC Live - 9.11 Beta1
Intel Dual Core Processor
All media folders are SMB shares.

Any answers would be appreciated. BTW... love XBMC.

where's xbmc.log ?