Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using <colordiffuse> when declaring textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to use colordiffuse for a couple things to keep color theme images down to the barest of minimums in Rapier but have run into a few hurdles I can't seem to cross.

It would be really great to be able to use <colordiffuse> on the border texture. At the moment, it is applied to the whole image.

Also, I've run into problems when images have alternate images or focus / nofocus images.

Would it be possible to perhaps use colordiffuse like <texture colordiffuse="Highlightcolor">? I can understand the way it is now, keeping these simplistic but wouldn't it advantageous to include <colordiffuse> when declaring textures instead of applying a global colordiffuse to the whole image?

I've done some searching on this and the only thing that came back was an old thread that proposed adding a colordiffuse to an animation. While this would be visually neat, this isn't exactly what I'm after.

Hopefully JMarshall can shine some light on this as it seems he'd be the one to implement this if it ever gets done.

Cheers!
It does make sense to use it as it is applied on a per-texture (or at least per-main-and-diffuse-texture) basis.

Add a ticket on trac.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Will do. Thanks for that mate.
Ticket added to Trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7907

Thanks again JMarshall for having a look at it when you get a chance.
Glad to see this accepted.