Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC slowing after external player+177Mo log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I have been having a problem with camelot beta1.
I am using MPC as an external player for my HD videos. When MPC stops; I go back to XBMC with alt+tab and XBMC is very slow, unusable (more than 150mo ram and 55%CPU). So I have to shut it down after each play. Confused
So I enabled debugging and it generated a 177Mo log. Shocked

Here is the first part. The "D3DERR_DEVICELOST" continues until I go back to XBMC at which point it becomes very slow. Here is the end of the log.

Another thing, less frequently, XBMC does not start, it is in the task manager with around 5mo of ram and 0%cpu. I have to reboot my PC to have it working again.

I am on core2duo, 3go Ram, GF 9200mo, win7 and I am using Confluence (great work on that skin by the way).

PS: the video test patterns are not working anymore (blank screen).

Thank for your help.
cault Wrote:Hello all,
I have been having a problem with camelot beta1.
I am using MPC as an external player for my HD videos. When MPC stops; I go back to XBMC with alt+tab and XBMC is very slow, unusable (more than 150mo ram and 55%CPU). So I have to shut it down after each play. Confused
So I enabled debugging and it generated a 177Mo log. Shocked

Here is the first part. The "D3DERR_DEVICELOST" continues until I go back to XBMC at which point it becomes very slow. Here is the end of the log.

Another thing, less frequently, XBMC does not start, it is in the task manager with around 5mo of ram and 0%cpu. I have to reboot my PC to have it working again.

I am on core2duo, 3go Ram, GF 9200mo, win7 and I am using Confluence (great work on that skin by the way).

PS: the video test patterns are not working anymore (blank screen).

Thank for your help.

I do agree with this its happenning when you loose fullscreen in windowed mode its not log spamming its kinda useless to log the d3d device lost
I am launching XBMC in fullscreen and go back to it in fullscreen. I don't like windowed mode because of, well, the window...
Could it be that the log is slowing down xbmc?
same here. I use the full screen mode instead of windowed mode as well. When being back from external player, xbmc becomes very slow until I restart it.
digital21cn Wrote:same here. I use the full screen mode instead of windowed mode as well. When being back from external player, xbmc becomes very slow until I restart it.

put it in fake full screen it should fix that
tiben20 Wrote:put it in fake full screen it should fix that

You are right. But when in fake screen mode, when the computer resumes from standby, there are some chances that XBMC only occupies part of the screen. I am troubled by this so I would like to use real full screen mode. If you can help to solve the issue, it will be very appreciated.
digital21cn Wrote:You are right. But when in fake screen mode, when the computer resumes from standby, there are some chances that XBMC only occupies part of the screen. I am troubled by this so I would like to use real full screen mode. If you can help to solve the issue, it will be very appreciated.

Changed that log problem at revision 25729 its only going to log the lost device if its on debug
still unresolved?
I also get this problem. Switching to fake full screen seems to workaround it.

-Dave
I even tried the latest driver for my nvidia 8600, but that seems no help.
Same issue here, WinXPSP3 (32bit), ATI Radeon HD3200, Catalyst 9.11, Camelot final release.

/The REAL Joe
I am also having this problem. WinXP SP3, XBMC Camelot.

XMBC slows down to unusable levels after coming back from using MPC watching a 720p mkv.