Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resetting skin after suspend with Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok So I recently upgraded to karmic and XBMC beta 1. And to my surprise everything went really smoothly (audio over HDMI worked like a charm)

But I have noticed that when I suspend/wake up XBMC that whatever skin I was in now goes back to Confluence. Also, if I keep it as confluence, my settings get changed back to default as well. I.E. my weather zip codes are forgotten.

Is anyone else having this same issue? Or should I report a bug?

Thanks...
bump...no love to the question?
I don't have a solution, but I can confirm that "forgetting settings" issue. Same here. Suspend/resume is a mess with karmic - the scripts working in jaunty are never executed in karmic.
I have lots of other issues with 9.11 (rev .around 25000 on 2 machines).
ProjectM is not working most of the time. The font-mess-up issue is back when I play an apple trailer. So...it seems there is still some work to do before leaving beta status. Most of those problems are known - I hope a solution will come for them.
No help from me as I do not use suspend, but just a suggestion: no one likes threads that have a subject line that give no clue as to what the thread is about.

It also limits those who can help since anyone who might know this answer would not know you had the question unless they were the type to open every thread on the xbmc forums.
JackieBrown Wrote:No help from me as I do not use suspend, but just a suggestion: no one likes threads that have a subject line that give no clue as to what the thread is about.

It also limits those who can help since anyone who might know this answer would not know you had the question unless they were the type to open every thread on the xbmc forums.

Fair enough. I will make better title's for my future posts...
rickx Wrote:I don't have a solution, but I can confirm that "forgetting settings" issue. Same here. Suspend/resume is a mess with karmic - the scripts working in jaunty are never executed in karmic.
I have lots of other issues with 9.11 (rev .around 25000 on 2 machines).
ProjectM is not working most of the time. The font-mess-up issue is back when I play an apple trailer. So...it seems there is still some work to do before leaving beta status. Most of those problems are known - I hope a solution will come for them.

So are you saying that is more an issue with karmic than with XBMC? Karmic is not performing the commands that XBMC is sending?

Thanks
I'm saying karmic is not even supported officially for xbmc - at least until the new version (of xbmc) is out and the developers have time to focus on that. So instead of adding karmic issues to xbmc-adapting-to-karmic issues, it's wise to go back to jaunty. Things don't seem any better in minimal karmic comparing to minimal jaunty anyway. It's just the newer kernel. So I'd suggest to go back to jaunty and compile the perfect kernel there.
RT-3 Wrote:bump...no love to the question?

Bumping after an hour and 12 minutes is NOT going to make you many friends around here.

sounds like you're FS is getting mounted as read only, therefor changes are not persisitant. What are you using for your install medium? Holographic storage connected to a Fibermatrix RAID-9 controller?? since you have kindly provided no details about ANYTHING, I'm just guessing

Sarcasm aside I've no issues with karmic and beta 1 after sorting out my no-sound issue. I just did a suspend and resume and Alaska stays put, all settings are in place, nothing has changed.
Changed title... people please post while awake.