Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 and Harmony one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I've been using xbmc for windows for a long time and the armony one with mc receiver and mckeyboard emulation worked just fine,
I intaled the new live version to the hd so i could play the hdev files with vdpau.
Set up the harmony one with mc remote emulation and cant get the keys to work properly for example the play key gives me info on top of the screen the stop doesnt do nothing only pause works.
i've been reading the faq and the forum posts but everyone seems to make it work with mc remote emulation.
Any ideas?
set your remote up for KLS_DVR instead of MCE, it works better.

Where is your receiver name?
where is your lircmap.xml?
where is your lirc.conf?
where is your remotes.xml?

need to post config files if you want help. Also what are "HDEV" files?

When I get home from work I'll post my logitech harmony 550, which sould be almost similar for you. I've got every single button working on my remote...well at least all the ones I want to work, which is just about every single one.
Which brand of IR Dongle are you using?
Evanrich Wrote:set your remote up for KLS_DVR instead of MCE, it works better.

where is your lirc.conf?

When I get home from work I'll post my logitech harmony 550, which sould be almost similar for you. I've got every single button working on my remote...well at least all the ones I want to work, which is just about every single one.

fist of all thanks,
what is KLS_DVR
My receiver name - zotac IONITX-A-U
i dont realy know how to get the lircmap.xml, lirc.conf and remotes.xml files
i meant hidef files sorry

My dongle is the mc original reciever
Evanrich Wrote:set your remote up for KLS_DVR instead of MCE, it works better.

where is your lirc.conf?

I would be very interested in any information for the Harmony 550. I am using this remote with an ASRock ION 330 and a Mediasonic MediaGate GP-IR01BK IR dongle. I have most things working right now but I am curious about your configuration since I am always looking for ways to optimize things.

Thanks

Toby
evilchild Wrote:fist of all thanks,
what is KLS_DVR
My receiver name - zotac IONITX-A-U
i dont realy know how to get the lircmap.xml, lirc.conf and remotes.xml files
i meant hidef files sorry

My dongle is the mc original reciever

Zotac Ion doesn't have an IR receiver...thats what I was talking about, sorry for not being clear.

KLS_DVR, is a device you can program into your Harmony using the logitech software. Give me another 5 hours to get off work and get home, and I'll send you all the config files I asked you for, for my 550. It should give you some idea of what to do. Keep in mind however, that I'm using the IR Receiver from this remote so some of your config files might be different, but it should help you out. I'll post them in here as soon as i get home.
evilchild Wrote:Set up the harmony one with mc remote emulation and cant get the keys to work properly for example the play key gives me info on top of the screen the stop doesnt do nothing only pause works.

I spent most of yesterday evening getting a harmony configured with XBMC. It turns out that a number of keys aren't mapped correctly in lircmap.xmlwhich is causing problems.

This has been fixed in SVN so I would recommend pulling out a copy from :

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/system/Lircmap.xml

This maps play, star and hash..

You could alter it yourself, but this is easier..
You can find mappings here in the wiki for the media center remote and what buttons do what but some of the mappings are incorrectly listed like the play one brings up media info, pause acts as resume/play and the ok button plays a file from the GUI.

I just used the Logitech software to add a media center extender device then created an XBMC activity around that and re-programmed the buttons to where I liked them on the Harmony One.
I just posted all my files here...if you want me to zip them up and put them on here, let me know:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=449...stcount=36
ok,
I've been able to get in live xbmc using filezila
i've changed the lirc file and its the same as
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/system/Lircmap.xml
noticed it didnt have play or <info>info</info>
put it in the userdata folder
Now i'm only having trouble with keymaoping the rest of the keys
Ok is still bringing me the "O" key option i need it to give me the same as enter key
i would like exit to give me the same as escape
Do i just put in Enter for example <select>Enter</select> ?

Thanks to everyone for helping
Evilchild
Starstream Wrote:You can find mappings here in the wiki for the media center remote and what buttons do what but some of the mappings are incorrectly listed like the play one brings up media info, pause acts as resume/play and the ok button plays a file from the GUI.

I just used the Logitech software to add a media center extender device then created an XBMC activity around that and re-programmed the buttons to where I liked them on the Harmony One.

Can you explain the keys you changed, are you able to get the menu with the ok button?
evilchild Wrote:Can you explain the keys you changed, are you able to get the menu with the ok button?

did you see my post? I've posted all the files necessary, at least for the harmony 550, which should be the same as the One. Go look at my files and see what to set up. Every key works on my remote.
Evanrich Wrote:did you see my post? I've posted all the files necessary, at least for the harmony 550, which should be the same as the One. Go look at my files and see what to set up. Every key works on my remote.

Thanks Again for all the help.

I Tryied everything you said, saw your files, and edited mine,
Still ok doesnt work like i want.
I just need to know how to add keys to lirc what i do? i want ok to give me the same as enter key and i cant really understand what to do in lirc.

Evilchild
if you want to custom do your buttons, you should really read the wiki article.

Basicallyoyou have to run IRW, and then press the button you want. Then you have to set up OBC values in lirc and remote.xml to know what it is you want custom done.

however since you want your "ok" button to work, here is what i have for it in my files

lircd.conf

ok 0x100A

lircmap.xml

<select>ok</select>
The line above means that the "ok" function from lircd.conf maps to XBMC's Select function (which is usually enter)

remote.xml
<select>Select</select>

SAme as above...maps the "select" function from lircmap to the actual "Select" function on XBMC (hitting enter on something)

Those 3 changes will make your ok key work, as an example. I'm not going to spell it all out for you, you should read the wiki on lircmap to learn how to use it. use it in combination with irw's outputs, and the files i posted. Using all of the above, you should be able to get any key working, including any custom keys (OBC)
Evanrich Wrote:if you want to custom do your buttons, you should really read the wiki article.

Basicallyoyou have to run IRW, and then press the button you want. Then you have to set up OBC values in lirc and remote.xml to know what it is you want custom done.

however since you want your "ok" button to work, here is what i have for it in my files

lircd.conf

ok 0x100A

lircmap.xml

<select>ok</select>
The line above means that the "ok" function from lircd.conf maps to XBMC's Select function (which is usually enter)

remote.xml
<select>Select</select>

SAme as above...maps the "select" function from lircmap to the actual "Select" function on XBMC (hitting enter on something)

Those 3 changes will make your ok key work, as an example. I'm not going to spell it all out for you, you should read the wiki on lircmap to learn how to use it. use it in combination with irw's outputs, and the files i posted. Using all of the above, you should be able to get any key working, including any custom keys (OBC)

Thanks for all the help

I've tryied everything you said, but still my ok button gives me the aspect ratio, and i want it to give me the enter key that brings up the invideo menu.
i Changed all the files and added remotexml to the keymaps folder, and also remove all the entries that said enter - aspect ratio - enter.
thanks again for all the help.

Evilchild
Pages: 1 2