Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Camelot 9.11 beta1 Hi-Quality Resizers - no bicubic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if the high quality resizers are temporarily gone while Camelot is in alpha/beta, and if so, will they be reintroduced when a stable release is out - OR - if for some reason they are still in the program but need some hidden setting to enable them?

I have an ATI HD3200 (780G IGP) and an Athlon 64 X2 5600+ running on WinXP32SP3 with Catalyst 9.10 and have the full DirectX runtimes installed (DIRECTX End-User Runtime version 9.27.1734 ( 982009 ). The only scaling options that ever show up are Nearest Neighbor and Bilinear, I never see Bicubic in the list of options (which does show up and work on this same machine with the 9.04 builds - '9.04.1-repack2' and also 'Rev24195').

I also see exactly the same on my Dell Vostro 1510 laptop with WinXP32 SP3 and an Intel Core Duo T5670 (1.87 GHz) with an Intel Mobile 965 Express IGP (no bicubic on 9.11 builds, but it's there and functional on the older 9.04 builds).

Finally, I've seen older discussion about the Lanczos resizer being available, but didn't ever see that in either the 9.04 builds or the 9.11 alphas and beta - is that also gone, or am I missing a setting?

Many thanks!
The REAL Joe
If I remember correctly, I believe that the DX build (which is the standard for Windows now) only uses hardware scaling methods, and the only methods available are bilinear and nearest neighbor.

To be honest, when bicubic was available I really didn't see any improvements over bilinear :/
joshuass Wrote:If I remember correctly, I believe that the DX build (which is the standard for Windows now) only uses hardware scaling methods, and the only methods available are bilinear and nearest neighbor.
This is what I still don't get. MPC-HC allows for bicubic scaling when using the advanced video renderers (VMR9 and EVR). It's kind of strange to lose functionality when going to a DX implementation, under Windows. Huh
Shaders were written in GLSL. It needs someone to rewrite the shaders in a language suitable for DirectX.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Shaders were written in GLSL. It needs someone to rewrite the shaders in a language suitable for DirectX.
Ah, ok, that's understandable. Thanks for explaining. Nod
Any updates on this?

bilinear upscaling creates a jerky picture on my 42"Panasonic Plasma