Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini (Leopard) Remote Intermittent response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a very odd thing going on with my Mac Mini, I have the latest release of XBMC installed and candalier installed. For some reason the remote seems to work intermittently, it works but then it will stop for a few seconds and then work again. There is nothing in the log reported and the same remote works perfectly with front row (and also with XBMC on a macbook pro with snow-leopard).

Any help would be welcomed.
thanks
Paul
Hey Paul,

what's the version you've got installed? With latest, you mean 9.04.1? Unfortunately 9.04.1 doesn't work with the candelair.
Also, which OSX version are you using exactly? Candelair is only required for the first 2 releases of Snow Leopard (10.6 and 10.6.1.)

You might want to try the 9.11.beta1...

HTH,
mdd
Ok, thanks. I will give the beta a go.

thanks
Paul
HI, I tried the Beta, it made no difference, it was doing odd things so I rolled it back out and went back to the stable release.
If I use Remote Buddy the response is the same. In front row the remote responds perfectly though, every time. With xbmc it sometimes stops working all together for up to 15 or 20 seconds and then it will respond again. Very Odd.

I am going to remove XBMC completely and start again and see if that makes any difference.

thanks
Paul