Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How-To Connect to Workgroup SMS Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
Ok so here's my set up

Apple TV OS 3.0.1
Patched
XBMC loads

PC - Windows 7 w/shared folder
Everything "works"

So I had everything working PERFECTLY I was able to connect to my computer and everything was A ok.

One day to the next, without making any changes to my ATV or my PC my ATV refuses to connect to my PC. It keeps asking me for the USERNAME and PASS which i NEVER CHANGED and i keep putting the same one and it rejects me asking me again and again to reneter my info.

what could it be?
can i go to any XBMC ADVANCED settings to reset everyhitng
i have installed XBMC on my Macbook and realized that it is not XBMC the problem it's windows7 that keeps rejecting me.
I installed and uninstalled WINDOWS LIVE SIGN IN ASSISTANT 3 times, so either it is the problem and trying to fix it does not solve anything.
I beleive I will format my PC and reinstall it to fix the problem, anyone have any suggestions.
So I followed this guide step by step, and it did not work for me. I dont understand why it just stopped working one day.

:-(
Well this is a complete an utter long shot but I heard it worked for someone who was having problems with a WDTV Live and Win 7 network shares.

There is an application intended for network beginners called Network Magic (it was made by ex-MS network engineers) and it is meant to automate everything for you. Just point it at a folder you want to share and it takes care of permissions and so forth.

Probably wont work but worth a try at least, there is a demo version available.