Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC hangs after a while of inactivity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running XBMC 9.11 Beta1 on an Ubuntu 9.10 and I'm and it seems to lock up when I leave the system alone for a while.
At first I thought it was related to the screensaver, so I tried disabling that, but still, even without it, XBMC hangs.

The behavior I am experiencing is as follows:
- moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard(or remote through lirc) brings me back to the last menu accessed menu.
- It seems I can navigate the current menu without changing screens
- There is no clicking sound when changing menus on the same screen (the clicking sound on the default skin), for some reason I don't have anymore sound
- when I manage to get back to the main menu, open the shutdown panel and select exit, it hangs there and I can no longer do anything.
- If I try to launch a video, it hangs
- If I try to access another screen, it hangs

Eventually, I have to ssh to the box and kill -9 the processes related to it in order to get access to the machine or Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.
I didn't experience this behavior when I was using alpha 1, as soon as I upgraded to alpha 2, I encountered this issue.
This is something that happens every time that I leave the media box alone for more than a couple of hours.

I am not quite sure what is causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.