Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with Container.OnNext and Container.OnPrevious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a crack at learning how to modify skins and have run into a weird issue.

What I am 'trying' to do is delay the video info screen displaying by 1.5 secs so that I can enjoy the fanart of a movie for a short period in the Confluence skin.

I've changed the control to support some fade in animations that are delayed, and added some extra visible conditions, which kind of works (bolded items are my additions).

<visible>Control.IsVisible(508) + !Skin.HasSetting(View508HideInfo) + !Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + !ListItem.IsFolder + !Container.OnNext + !Container.OnPrevious</visible>

<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" delay="1500" >WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" delay="1500" >Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" >Hidden</animation>

My issue is that it seems the Container.OnNext and .OnPrevious events don't seem to fire until the scroll bar moves (which is the 5th movie along for me) and then it starts working perfectly, same effect happens at the very end of the library when the scrollbar doesn't need to move when pressing across as no more items exist to the right.

Should I be using a different event to detect when the user has moved to the next library item instead of Container.OnNext and .OnPrevious?

I'm probably missing something very obvious here.

Cheers
OnNext/OnPrevious probably only fires in a fixedlist if a scroll is required, yes.

Switching it to a wraplist is an option.