Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

when you bring up the subtitles menu why is there no option to have none?

all you can do is disable or enable subtitles completely

say there is 2 subtitles, i think there should be 3 options like english, german, none and the default option should be none or whatever the movie has, if it has subtitles on by default or whatever:confused2:

thank you
having none is less functional than a tick to disable them.
well i thought if you had an option for none that you could flick through subtitles with a remote

or with a remote can you enable and disable subtitles and also flick through the different subtitles so you can have no subtitles or subtitles
that's possible already. you can map one button to cycle, one to enable/disable...
oh right, what remote is that for? would it be for the microsoft mce remote?

i do not have a remote at the moment but have been looking on ebay at some, like the mce

is there anything i can do with the keyboard as that is what i use at the moment, like map things like that?

are these things quite simple to do by the way?
pretty simple. keyboard already has 't' for the toggle. the action for the subtitle cycle is
'nextsubtitle' (no quotes). see system/keymaps/keyboard.xml - you'll get it.
ah i see

so toggle is T and subtitle cycle is L, why is L not in the manual? just wondering

thank you for the help by the way

another thing that would be nice, when you press L to cycle it would be nice if it appeared on screen temporarily like press L once and english appears on the screen, press twice and french appears on the screen, press T and subtitles on or subtitles off appears on screen, for 1 second or something in text
it's not in the wiki cause nobody added it there - feel free to do so! the dialogs is definitely something we will look into.
ah ok

did not know i could edit it, but just have, let me know if there is anything else i can do to help

and that is good, happy to hear it (the dialogs thing)