Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] NBA TV Broadband plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It would be great it there were a way to support this.
It would be the final piece in the home entertainment puzzle for me.
Could someone please take a look at this one? The new league pass application has been released and as far as I can see now it only uses flash and shockwave instead of the RayV Player.

So it could be quite easy to develop such a plugin now?

There is a free preview availble until the first of november.
where?
ok, can't help you, need an access.
You can sign up for free
it's just preview for 4 days, i don't know if i'll be able to develop that in 4 days, i don't have too much time for that now.
Too bad, maybe someone else interested in taking on this project??
I will definitely be working on a plugin in about 4 weeks (away on vacation) if no one has made one by then, I have a league pass account and know Python.
Great news!
izend Wrote:I will definitely be working on a plugin in about 4 weeks (away on vacation) if no one has made one by then, I have a league pass account and know Python.

Any updates??
Glad I found this Forum Post... I recently moved away from the states and for many years basketball has been a big part of my life so not having the ability to watch games was not easy, Until i discovered NBA "International" League pass. On this thread I will run by a quick summery of what ILP is as I have spent months into my research that should just be considered in case anyone cares, heh..

The NBA has been offering their "Broadband League Pass Service" for a few years however what people don't know is the history and its limitations up until LAST year when the NBA started offering "International League Pass" as an additional service..

The traditional Broadband League Pass Service Offered by the NBA was only for US based users and would limit the user to ONLY a number of games, it also includes BLACKOUTS of all NATIONAL broadcast games which means games on ESPN, TNT,TBS,NBC (these happen to always be the BIG Important games) so this would mean ONLY games played on each sport teams dedicated Media outlet network, and what made this worse was the fact that HOME games would ALSO be blacked out.. For example Say If you lived in LA and the Lakers were playing on Sunday afternoon on ABC vs Miami Heat.. you would NOT be able to watch it on the NET using the League pass Service because the game was on NBC (National Broadcast Game).. In addition Lets Now say If you lived in LA and the Lakers were playing on Tuesday night on FOX Sport West (Laker Home Network, Not a National Broadcast game) vs Miami Heat.. you would NOT be able to watch it on the NET using the League pass Service because you LIVE in LA and the game is considered a HOME game (Still not sure how they would detect your location IP, Credit Card Billing Address etc.. , this is done so the local broadcast network does not lose customers).. All of these restrictions meant the only options to watch NBA on the net was to watch games of teams NOT in your home town and NOT on National TV.. which would eliminate most of the good games and games of Interest to Fans..

THEN CAME NBA INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE PASS.

The NBA saw a opportunity to grow its market world wide last year so with the help of a small company called RAYv This services was launched for the 09-10 season as a Complete separate Service from NBA's OWN League Pass Service and offered ALL Televised games would be made avalible for its customers without any blackouts. This company used proprietary software to broadcast games and the service was limited only to Locations outside USA, Canada (Basic Location would be based on originating IP source) but for reasons unknown the NBA for the 10-11 season changed the INTERNATIONAL League Pass service to a company called NeuLion who currently provides International rebroadcast to many other sport and media outlets (NFL,NHL,UFC etc...) Again its important to address that the NBA to my knowledge still operates ITS OWN league pass service for US based customers and only the International Service was outsourced ..http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/...334994.htm

NeuLion Uses Flash source service to broadcast Live and they also Archive games, To be able to create a plugin for XBMC user I think would be a great way for users that pay for the service to sit back and not be tied to a PC or Laptop and use a Media Center to watch the games..

I currently have a International League Pass Account and would be more willing to share it with anyone up to the task of creating such a plugin..

a few points though

-Service Limits 1 Account Logged in (Service Timeouts after x minutes on the initial user session after a 2nd user has signed on)

-Service will only be able to be accessed outside the US, Canada

-Test account unfortunately will only be available for access for a limited time as I rely on the service myself heh.

If Interested please let me know. and sorry for the long msg heh
Hello Bashywash,

I would LOVE such a plugin !! I'm watching replays of NBA games on ILP almost each evening and having it within XBMC would be so nice !!
this would be awesome to have.. any way to have a proxy so that us users could use it also. Can somone develop this as it would be HUGE
Pages: 1 2 3