Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Onkel Bouncy´s Hifi Skin updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi,

with onkel bouncy´s permission i have started working on an uptade of his skin to make it xbmc 1.1 compatible.

the graphiks are from onkel bouncy and chokemaniac (subpannel, volume slider, and calibrate screen are taken out of the projekt mayhem skin)

a litle update :-)

i uploaded the hifi 1.1 beta 6 ( i think it´s the 1.1 final :-))

in my todays second upload are  5 .xml files to make your copy of  hifi 1.1 beta 6 compatible to the xbmc 2004-10-29 cvs build. just copy the 5 .xml files to the pal folder.
the new filemanager and context menu are working fine, but we have not finished the layout of the filemanager yet. it needs some tweaks to have a nice look ,-) it´s a work in progress :-)

hifi 1.1 beta 6 for xbmc 1.1

hifi post 1.1 for the 2004.10.29.xbmc cvs build and newer last update 2004.11.05

hifi blue for the 2004.10.29.xbmc cvs build and newer last update 2004.11.05

have fun and feel free to report any bugs or glitches and suggestions.
first of all i would like to say that i love this skin. i always have and am so glad that it has been updated. i have found one problem with it though, the volume control slider osd does not move.
thank you so much for updating this skin, it is by far the best looking skin for xbmc. thank you and onkel bouncy! i have been waiting for the day it was going to be upgraded.
awesome job, i love this skin. just a few suggestions ( i use ntsc):

1. how about removing the "scripts" button from the main layout because it already exists in the subpanel. i think the subpanel is a better location for the scripts.
2. swap the positions of the subpanel button and the shutoff button. this will make it easier to access scripts and other programs listed.
3. different color backgrounds (blue was my favorite) just like the original xbmp hifi skin.

anyway, thanks for the great work. i'll be anticipating your next release!!
Quote:2. swap the positions of the subpanel button and the shutoff button.

done in beta 3 :-)
sweet!! looks great.  :kickass:
wuslon,

one bug i found in the blue beta3a is that when you switch to the visualization, the placeholder for the album art is still on the screen, even if you get rid of the on screen display.

keep up the good work!
yes i have seen this bug. in the musicoverlay.xml is the link to the placeholder.

removing this from the musicoverlay.xml removes the placeholder :

<control>
 <description>music rectangle</description>
 <type>image</type>
 <id>0</id>
 <posx>32</posx>
 <posy>395</posy>
 <width>119</width>
 <height>116</height>
 <texture>blue_rectangle_music.png</texture>
</control>

the bad thing is thad i realy like the placeholder, thumbnail background. mmmm i eeven dont know if this is a xbmc bug or a missing feature. i think we should point one of the developers to this question :-)

oh, and i uploaded the beta4 :-)
great work, wuslon.

i'll take a look at the overlay bug (need to download the nice hifi skin anyway Smile, plus i think chokeman may have had a similar issue.

cheers,
jonathan
thank you jmarshall Smile

the link to beta 4 is now fixed ,-)
hifi reaches beta 6 Smile
looks good wuslon!

one question, are you giving up on hifiblue?? Confused
i love the layout and navigation of this skin.

the "darkness" of the skin is difficult to see on my tv.

is it possible that your could separate the background image from the text overlays and such so i can change the background image?
hifi blue is now updatet :-)

i tweaked the filemanager a little bit, and made some changes on the keyboard. i hope it´s a step forward :d
wuslon,
i do like your skin but even the blue is a bit dark. maybe if you remove the darkening on the right-bottom. just have even lighting over the whole screen. the time/day and 'people' button is almost impossible to see.

i cannot seem to get the bottom-left shutdown and reboot buttons to work properly. after click either of them, i must click the submenu button for the reboot or shutdown to workHuh

i had a few suggestions for buttons and such...

on every screen:
power off button - lower right corner
back button (goes to previous screen) - upper right corner
home button - upper right corner

- the current power buttons get hidden by the icons and video screen.

"hidden" in the submenu:
settings
scripts

moved to the first screen (home) main menu:
recently added movies (r.a.m.)
web radio

added to the music menu:
visualization
music control buttons (play, pause, previous, next, stop, etc)

change weather navitagion:
weather menu should have choices for the cities instead of needing to scroll through them... or at least move the scroll arrows onto the left side main menu so it is easier to use them.

add screen for music "now playing":
music screen that shows the album cover very large along with the album and song info. this could also be used for album info.

general usability:
have album and game titles word-wrap instead of being cut-off an needing to scroll.

hope these sound reasonable to you? i do appreciate the skin and have been using it for over a week now.
Pages: 1 2 3