Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Player control not disapearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've searched the forum and the bug tracking system for this issue but could not find anything.

So either I have missed it or I am the only one with the issue. Can you guys tell me which one is true?

Might help if I explained the problem.

When I launch a video, using XBMC embedded player, the mouse cursor disappear and the video plays fine. If I move the mouse, the player controls appear and I can use them (so far so good). Now the problem is that if I move the mouse away from the control and stop moving the mouse, the mouse disappear but the controls stays there. In 9.04 (and the expected behavior), it should go away.

I manage to sometimes get it to disappear by passing the mouse over the forward control and stopping the mouse close to it. Over time I loose patience trying and just stop and restart the movie.

I use XP PS2, XBMC 9.11 with PM3.HD skin.

Anyone seen the same thing ?
I have seen the same issue. Since I use a remote it doesn't bother me. You can right click and the menu will go away. Not sure what the intended functionality is however.
Hi Cmonpellier,

I updated to Camelot Beta 1 last night this is an issue, you may want to raise a Bug report for it.
You are correct that pressing a right mouse click the player controls go away.

At a guess maybe its a DX function missed on the port over from OpenGL?
Throw in a ddrawflip there itll work! lol

Regards,
Nick.
Yup I can reproduce it as well on Beta 1. Please create a trac.
I think you'll find it disappears fine as long as you don't move the mouse outside of the XBMC window, right?

If you move it outside the XBMC window then the OSD will then not disappear.

Please confirm.
I run XBMC in full screen so I'm not sure what are the boundaries of the window that you are mentioning. I can't find a pattern where it disappear/not... it just seems completely random. It is awesome though that the right click works and make it go away. Thanks a lot for that Smile I can open a bug but it's a pain not to find a pattern...
jmarshall Wrote:I think you'll find it disappears fine as long as you don't move the mouse outside of the XBMC window, right?

Please confirm.

i can confirm the problem and that it appears when you move mouse outside the xbmc "window".
my setup is a dedicated xbmc machine and my main desktop with synergy+ server/client setup to share the mouse. as long as i leave the mouse inside xbmc window, the controlls eventually disappear, but if i move mouse over to my main desktop, the controls stay up.
The right click to make the control disappear is actually working great so I am now happy. I use a single screen (full) so I do think I can be outside of the xbmc window.
With 9.04 and 9.11RC1 using PM3.HD I don't have this problem and I can leave the mouse anywhere on the screen - if I switch to Confluence, which I really like btw, it's almost hit'n'miss whether the controls disappear which is rather frustrating. The same was happening with Beta2.

The right-click option is at least a workaround for now.

I'm running XBMC under Win7.
jmarshall Wrote:I think you'll find it disappears fine as long as you don't move the mouse outside of the XBMC window, right?

Please confirm.
same issue in 9.11

using synergy as a remote control you can't bring control back to the laptop without the toolbar staying visible.

major issue for me, i switched from ubuntu to win7 for my htpc os since synergy on linux has a bug where the gnome toolbar steals focus from xbmc as the mouse leaves the screen.