Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC returning to default settings after shutdown/hibernate or suspend.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have posted this problem before with not much luck (probably due to my lack of details) so here goes again.

Karmic mini install
Xbmc beta 1 R24886
confluence skin (no mods)
Nvidia 190.XX
all media content streamed from my NAS

The problem I am having is that anytime I reboot or wake up from suspend all the settings have been reset to the default. (weather, home menu, etc.)

can someone please give me a starting point that might help me fix this problem?
other than that, my set up is almost perfect
I have discovered that when I set all my settings in xbmc to the way i want (weather, home screen, etc) then navigate to my guisettings.xml and see if the file has been updated that it hasn't...

now beeing a noob at ubunut...I have no idea where to go from here. Please help.
Thanks,
I've only noticed it with the visualizers... I set up ProjectM, but after a reset I'm back to the default OGL spectrum thingy.

I can't say I've really looked at the other settings to confirm.
I figured it out. I created a profile then logged in as master. by doing so my settings were save in the guisettings.xml