Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATI HD4350 HDMI Out - Overscan & HDMI Sound Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC Live 9.11 Beta1
(Ubuntu Karmic 9.10)
NForce 4 mobo / s939 CPU
HD 4350 ATI (Catalyst 9.11 drivers)

I recently have had issues with my sound being outputted correctly through XBMC using Alsa. And also huge underscan problems with the ATI driver.

I recently posted some of my woes here with using a ATI card in ubuntu/XBMC:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=450...stcount=92

HDMI Audio

I updated ALSA to the latest version using this script located on the ubuntu forums here.

I first tried installing my own version of XBMCbuntu following this guide here. After I installed I changed my sound output to Analog and HDMI output device. That worked randomly- sometimes it would work but sometimes it would not. Sometimes it would work for a little bit then later it would stop working. I had to restart (sometimes multiple times) to get it working.

I also tried Digital and HDMI / HDMI and default / default. And both options had the same intermittent issues- sometimes working sometimes not.

I then followed the recommendations of this post here and did not get any different results. My device numbers matched.

Underscan Problems

I corrected my issues with my own install of Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 by making a script in /etc/X11/xinit/xinit.rc that would issue the following commands:

Code:
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeY:705
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionY:14
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeX:1250

This worked until I installed the new XBMC Live beta 1 with the new Catalyst 9.11 drivers- I had 9.9 before. tmds1 was the display I was using. Now when I run these commands it says the display does not exist.

Does anyone know a way to just turn off underscan completely using aticonfig or whatever?
Does anyone use a ATI card with HDMI audio out?

I used the Alsa upgrade script on the XBMC Live 9.11b1 install and it still did not do anything.
Still having problems. Does anyone know of a way to send sound out to the card for a long period of time using like aplay or something? So I can test to see if it will interrupt it as well or if it is XBMC messing up somehow.
Having problem with ATI HD3450 when installing XBMC 9.11 from live CD to hard drive. Tried to change audio options in system but no luck.

I've had 5.1 sound working through HDMI in XP and I gave up in Seven (couldn't even get stereo) so I figure XBMC is what I wanted anyway and ran in XP.

Any help would be delightful :-)