Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc 9.11 b1 not connecting parted videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in xbmc 8 i did not have this problem, that said:
in xbmc 9.11 beta 1 All of my movies that are split into 2 parts show up as two separate movies in xbmc movies library. tv shows also show up as separate shows for those that are split

For example:
i have D:/Media Disc/Movies/American Gangster/American Gangster p1.avi
D:/Media Disc/Movies/American Gangster/American Gangster p2.avi

now in my movies library on XBMC 9.11 beta 1 i have American Gangster show up twice, selecting the second one brings me straight to the second half of the movie.

For TV shows I have something like Johnny Bravo in a similar format to American Gangster, and the individual tv shows show up 3 times as they are split into 3 'sections' of an episode. This also was not a problem in xbmc 8. is this a setting, a bug, or something i have done wrong?

Thanks for the help
Its because the stacking rules have been changed to make more sense (p1 and p2 are not normal naming schemes). Someone else will have to help with the regex sorry, but once they do you can just add it to your advancedsettings.xml and you'll be back to normal. Will have to remove all the double ups manually though as a clean library won't work as they still exist.
thank you, does anyone know the naming criteria for parted films and tv shows? i'm looking fix my library as soon as i can
lazyboy, try American Gangster.a.avi and American Gangster.b.avi , it should work.

See here if you are curious about the logic behind it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61105
Don't rename your files, just add the regex to your advanced settings and it will all be back to normal.
kulprit Wrote:Don't rename your files, just add the regex to your advanced settings and it will all be back to normal.
I would not know what to add, honestly. Blush
I have all of my multipart movies identified as

name-disc1.avi
name-disc2.avi

They were correctly stacked in the pre-camelot version of XBMC. With Beta1 new multi-part movies added to XBMC show up as separate movies.

I am not a Regex expert but it would seem that with the existing rules they should continue to be stacked correctly. So why don't they?
ijourneaux Wrote:I have all of my multipart movies identified as

name-disc1.avi
name-disc2.avi

They were correctly stacked in the pre-camelot version of XBMC. With Beta1 new multi-part movies added to XBMC show up as separate movies.

I am not a Regex expert but it would seem that with the existing rules they should continue to be stacked correctly. So why don't they?

Stack fine here, as expected. Just one entry "name.avi" in the file list.