Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Probably an easy fix - skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been running xbmc on my xbox for quite a while, everything works perfectly. I went to change my skin. I used to use the black one (forget the name), but then I changed it to a new one, and it changed on its own. Now it looks like this one:

http://www.anthonyoliver.net/files/xbmc.jpg

Only, there are no titles there / no text. I can use, it, move between menus, and the descriptive background image shows up but I don't know for sure what I am clicking on since there is no text. I went into the 'settings' section and selected what I think was the skins option, but when I select/change it, nothing happens.

So I'm stuck in this skin and I don't know how to get out. Can anyone help somehow? Any way to do a nice clean reset back to my old skin? I have not connected to it and installed things in a loong time, not something i want to have to do again so if that is at all avoidable that would be perfect.

Please & thanks!
It's an older skin. Back around the time Babylon was in beta, all the code for old skin compatibility was removed, so now all the out of date skins do this.

Note that when selecting skins, XBMC will wait a second or two after you choose the one you want, then flip it over. It won't wait for you to leave the settings screen before applying changes. That means that if there's a display issue, the cursor will be in the exact place it needs to be in order to change to a different (eg working) skin.

To change back to the default (which is Project Mayhem III, by the way), FTP into the console, then backup and remove "guisettings.xml" from your UserData folder. Reboot and you should be back in business.