Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Xbox-friendly textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
whats the latest build everyone is using on the XBOX for this skin?

its been a while since i last updated my xbmc build, so i thought i would ask here first.
I personally am running it with the T3CH build 24421, however, on checking for the revision number, I see they have a newer build which uses 25497 (12-9-9)...will be updating to that momentarily.
jarod71 Wrote:How can I hide views for this skin? or remove them altogether? I only want one style of view for files and 2 for library. The less options the better as I want this to be family friendly. I would love to hide settings as well.

+1 for family friendly.

Please make it possible to hide views, options and settings. Settings should only be available from the shutdown menu. Like the Transparency skin.
willers.nail Wrote:I have to agree on this how can we remove the views to help boost memory consumption.Would be great if they were released with less views for us xbox users

Until someone makes options for this, can I disable views manually (editing xml)? Some of my .iso DVDR movies wont play.

What exactly do I need to do?
markiz Wrote:Until someone makes options for this, can I disable views manually (editing xml)? Some of my .iso DVDR movies wont play.

What exactly do I need to do?

Look in the file "ViewsVideoLibrary.xml" and ViewsFileMode.xml". These should have the various view containers.
digitalhigh Wrote:Look in the file "ViewsVideoLibrary.xml" and ViewsFileMode.xml". These should have the various view containers.

I'm not using File mode, should I delete the file completely. Or should I only delete all the <include>-tags or the <includes>-tag?

In ViewsVideoLibrary I find four <include>-tags.
Quote:<include name="CommonRootView">...
<include name="ThumbnailView">...
<include name="WideIconView">...
<include name="FullWidthList">...
Should I delete those that I'm not using? What's CommonRootView?
markiz Wrote:What's CommonRootView?

this one
btw if you guys really want to save memory the best thing you can do is not use fanart and disable BG video and visualiztions and not set seperate backgrounds for tv and movies
Jezz_X Wrote:btw if you guys really want to save memory the best thing you can do is not use fanart and disable BG video and visualiztions and not set seperate backgrounds for tv and movies

I'm using the default backgrounds and options. All my movies have very small .tbn images in jpeg that are about 160x230 pixels. Isn't that enough?

There really should be a guide for xbox users of how to save memory. Step by step.
Jezz_X Wrote:btw if you guys really want to save memory the best thing you can do is not use fanart and disable BG video and visualiztions and not set seperate backgrounds for tv and movies

Kinda why I'm not jumping on the "let's rip out containers" bandwagon. Wink

Like I said, the only noticeable delay I see is in the loading of posters/fanart after a lengthy scroll. And that isn't even lag...it's hard-wired into the skin.
digitalhigh Wrote:Kinda why I'm not jumping on the "let's rip out containers" bandwagon. Wink

Like I said, the only noticeable delay I see is in the loading of posters/fanart after a lengthy scroll. And that isn't even lag...it's hard-wired into the skin.

That's not such a big deal for me. My only real problem is that some movies wont play in this skin. The same movies play when using Transparency and some other skins.
markiz Wrote:That's not such a big deal for me. My only real problem is that some movies wont play in this skin. The same movies play when using Transparency and some other skins.

What are your buffer settings at? I haven't had any problems getting media to play...even full dvd rips from ISO over a network.
markiz Wrote:I'm using the default backgrounds and options. All my movies have very small .tbn images in jpeg that are about 160x230 pixels. Isn't that enough?

There really should be a guide for xbox users of how to save memory. Step by step.

Tips are coming in here....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63678
I resized the backgrounds - use Media Companion to resize fanart - turn off Unnecessary things Web/FTP server etc... dont have any problems palying even 1280x720p encodes with this skin Huh
digitalhigh Wrote:What are your buffer settings at? I haven't had any problems getting media to play...even full dvd rips from ISO over a network.

I'm using the default settings. What are you using? Which settings are important when playing full dvd rips from ISO over a network?

"Video Cache - DVDRom", "Local Network" and/or "Internet"? "Unknown Type Cache --> Internet" "DVD Cache - DVDRom --> Local Network"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4