Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thank you, i am running HD via wlan, without drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i read a lot in this forum. I learned a lot. Thanks to all for your posts to get my homesystem to work.

I wanted to install a mediacenter, that´s able to play every file i have. I wanted to do this with as less connections as possible.

The first thoughts were the powerline solutions, but i read that there are a lot of things to solve, till there are no more interferences. Also i saw that it mosten just work in areas where you could also use cables. The prices were as high as my following and now installed solution.

I learned that hd is just with cables, and better, with gigabit possible. So i decided to install just a router for my internet connection. It had to be a gigabit router, and the netgear wndr3700 was my first and last choice.

I installed ubuntu 9.1 on several machines. For my colleages and myself, so i learned pretty much about the possibilites and different driver solutions.

At this pc right now, my toshiba l500 19e laptop with a realtek8191se wlan card, ati 4570 graphics adapter and msi usb dongle, i gathered something i thought it wasn´t possible.

The ati 4570, with xbmc 911 beta1, was running directly after i updated the hardware drivers with the normal gui.
The wlan worked after i found a suitable 8192se linux driver and chose method 2 of the described installation routine in its readme.
The Msi dongle helps me to remote control the xbmc with anyremote/kanyremote.

I downloaded several files to test the hd playback and all went well from usb/harddrive. But at the end i tested the netgears readyshare. What shall i say? It works like a charm and without drops via wlan. No cables, just via wlan.

Regards and thanks again.