Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Linux: Dual X screens setup with TV and monitor, how to switch mouse between screens?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the Ubuntu 9.10 operating system and XBMC 9.11 Beta. I currently have a dual x screen setup with a standard TV and LCD. The LCD is the main screen and running at 1600x1200, the TV is a separate X screen running at 1024x768. I am using a geforce 7 and the nvidia-glx-190 drivers, I have set the position of the TV screen in such a way, that the mouse is jailed to the screen it is on, and you cannot go to the other screen by moving the mouse over an edge of the screen. I have installed a script to switch the mouse between the two screens: http://digamma.cs.unm.edu/trac.dmohr/wik...MouseUtils. I invoke this script by pressing the keyboard shortcut Alt+/, and added the keyboard shortcut using System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts on Gnome.

This is working fine when running the Gnome desktop, but as soon as I run XBMC on the TV, the ALT+/ keyboard shortcut didn't seem to work when XBMC is running, and the mouse also automatically gets switched and jailed to the TV, even if it was on the LCD. I cannot switch the mouse over to the LCD monitor again using the keyboard shortcut, until I exit XBMC. The thing is, I operate XBMC using a remote ayway, which means I don't really use the mouse on the TV. I would like to run XBMC, then switch the mouse over to the LCD monitor, either by keyboard shortcut or automatically. I would still need to be able to operate XBMC on the TV using the remote.

If this isn't possible through a shortcut, I would like to know if it is maybe possible by writing a script, since I am able to code in Python.