Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resume Asrock ION 330HT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I can use my Asrock remote to turn the device on, but this doesn't seem to work when it's in standby/hibernate. How can I get the remote to wake up the Asrock?
I believe you'll need to edit our rc.local file.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device
Thanks a lot, I'll try that. I'm new to Linux though, so if anyone knows what commands I can use for the 330HT....
Ive tried it, and enabled the first line (CIR S4 pnp:00:04). It doesn't work. I'm pretty sure this is the one I need to configure. Maybe the S-state should be set to S3 (standby)? Does anybody know how I change this?
hi

I had the same problem yesterday. Here's how I was able to solve it:

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

and check if USB0 and USB2 are enabled

if not use following command to enable it

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

check again with

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

then edit your rc.local file

nano /etc/rc.local

and add the following lines at its end

echo USB0>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "rc.local has completed sucessfully." >> /tmp/resume.log
exit 0

It still didn't work for me at this point so I had to change the wakeup settings from S4 to S3

nano /proc/acpi/wakeup

and change S4 for USB0/2 to S3

USB0 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2 S3 enabeld pci:0000:00:04.1

Save it. Restart the system and try it. worked for me.

thx a lot to outleradam and ccfiel

please note that I used the new xbmclive installation and i needed to do the steps above with the root account because with sudo I received access errors. If you have the same problem use

sudo passwd root

to set a root password. then logon to the ssh server with the root account. Its probably not how its ment to be, but it didn't work for me with the normal user account and sudo.

Greetz Doemer
I've tried that, but I can't get the file to save after I change S4 to S3. I press ctrl+x -> Y -> enter. But when I look at the settings with "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup" it just shows S4 again. (I've logged in as root, like you said).

Are you sure your settings are saved when you nano'd the file?
worked for me, thanks
generator Wrote:I've tried that, but I can't get the file to save after I change S4 to S3. I press ctrl+x -> Y -> enter. But when I look at the settings with "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup" it just shows S4 again. (I've logged in as root, like you said).

Are you sure your settings are saved when you nano'd the file?

make sure to ssh login as root. the file was also not saved for me when I used the user I created during the installation.

Greetz
Here are two screenshots that show what steps I took:
http://www.endlesswave.nl/files/cat.gif (before and after saving the changes)
http://www.endlesswave.nl/files/nano.gif (changing S4 to S3, then saving)

I've only been using Ubuntu (and ssh) since last week, so maybe I'm missing something really big Nerd
Will this this guid work for my acer revo? I am currently running XBMC Live Alpha 2....I assume this will correct the problem of waking up witht the remote....?
taichimaster Wrote:Will this this guid work for my acer revo? I am currently running XBMC Live Alpha 2....I assume this will correct the problem of waking up witht the remote....?

I have a revo and thats the guide I used to get it to wake with remote from suspend, so yes.
thanks alot, I will try tonight.
this guide works fine for me, expect for one thing..
my machine instantly wakes to life again after going into suspend.

Anyone who had a similar prob and was able to fix it ?
My remote is an xbox1 wireless controller.
Have you tried this guide? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

It says right there

Troubleshooting auto-resume
If an enabled device resumes the computer from standby at an undesired time, you may choose to disable it by using the following command where **** is the device you wish to disable
echo **** > /proc/acpi/wakeup

EG. enabling USB2 as an enabled wakeup device causes the computer to resume immediately..
root@XBMCLive:~# echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

gekados Wrote:this guide works fine for me, expect for one thing..
my machine instantly wakes to life again after going into suspend.

Anyone who had a similar prob and was able to fix it ?
My remote is an xbox1 wireless controller.
a931048 Wrote:Have you tried this guide? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

It says right there

Troubleshooting auto-resume
If an enabled device resumes the computer from standby at an undesired time, you may choose to disable it by using the following command where **** is the device you wish to disable
echo **** > /proc/acpi/wakeup

EG. enabling USB2 as an enabled wakeup device causes the computer to resume immediately..
root@XBMCLive:~# echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Thanks for the link and explanation, i'll give it a shot when I get home, cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5