Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] XBMC detect wrong movie details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First the world of XBMC and Linux is really new to me, I came from NMT (HDX1000).

I did scan for image and details for movies' libary that i added to XBMC and i got 85% of correct information, about 15% of the movies got wrong information.

In the moviejukebox for NMT was option to search by .NFO by edit the properties file and give him path for .NFO folder. (moviejukebox gives high priority to nfo files).

In XBMC i didnt find this option i have been tried to to create .nfo file include the correct link of movie details but the XBMC skip on the file.

for exp: My movie filename is "The.Rock.1996.PROPER.1080p.Bluray.x264-FSiHD.mkv" in same folder I create new file and wrong in the content the link of movie's details and save it with filename "The.Rock.1996.PROPER.1080p.Bluray.x264-FSiHD.nfo" but the XBMC still detect the details of the movie The Rocker (from 2008).

How I can give or set movie details link by my self ?
You have to include the proper code within the nfo and then click refresh. That's the long way, though. You can just as easily click info on the movie folder in file view and click refresh. A list of several options, including the correct one, should pop up.
natethomas Wrote:You can just as easily click info on the movie folder in file view and click refresh. A list of several options, including the correct one, should pop up.

I dont get the options pop up... When I click on refresh it's just do check again and that's it...

natethomas Wrote:You have to include the proper code within the nfo and then click refresh.

I didnt understand how to do it ... You can give me an sample of nfo's proper code ?
Code:
<movie>
        <name>The Jungle Book</name>
        <id>9325</id>
        <imdb_id>tt0061852</imdb_id>
        <url>http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/9325</url>
</movie>

Selecting movie details from the gui is fine for quick fixes but main downside is they aren't persistent across database clears. NFOs are the best method Nerd
You can also change the name of the folder containing the movie file to include the year of the films release (e.g "The Rock 1996")

This is especially helpful when a film has been remade, and the name is identical but the release date obviously is not.
Ok, now i got the chose option pop up, I did export to my db so when i chose refersh i didnt get the chose pop up, now it's fix...

Another problem when i press on movie from the options i got the upper movie ...

for exp.

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

I click on option 2 I got option 1 I press on option 3 I got option 2.

About the .nfo creation I didnt understand from where you got the ID