Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K this is a dealbreaker for xbmc for me so ...

running Camelot, win7, confluence skin.. but whenever i view a menu other than the home screen, like the picture menu, movie menu, etc, the backgrounds are all distorted (weird effect like a blurring colour gamut thing, hard to explain). Ive tried diff resolutions, backdrops. etc, but whatever I do those odd swirlies are still there. Any fix for this?

PS: Seems to only be happening in confluence, not the other two skins i have installed (Aeon and PM3)
uhm... what platform?
Umm, windows 7 64 bit ultimate
Camelot latest beta
Confluence skin

Problem only happens in confluence skin as far as i can tell.
Have you tried setting xbmc to the *native* resolution of your screen? Especially LCDs can be blurry unless you use the exect right res.

You can google the manual for your screen for the native resolution if you don't know what it is.
yes. Im running at native resolution, and ive tried backdrops in various resolutions, as well as native. Same issue. I'm a computer tech, Ive tried all the standard things but to no avail. Maybe skin specific? dunno.
No other report = unlikely.

I would put money on video card, video driver or a combination thereof.
Yeah, happens whenever a xbmc menu or a another picture (like a fanart thumb), layers itself on top of a backdrop. The backdrop underneath becomes distorted. The home screen is uneffected, but whenever I select any sort of view for pictures, movies etc, where a navigation menu appears while the backdrop is there it happens. If I look real close at it, its almost like xbmc is trying to imprint like a another low colour depth image on top of the backdrop (like a swirly circular pattern).

On another note, is there a way to disable the backdrops for movies, tv shows? I found a way to do it for pictures editing the Mypics.xml file, but there doesnt appear to be a MyMovies or MyTvShows.xml to edit to disable the backdrop while navigating through those menus..