Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Crash in Custom 1080p HDMI Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing around with this for 5 straight days and I keep running into the same issue. Connecting to my Sony KDF-50E3000 tv via HDMI, X retrieves my "optimal" resolution at 1280x768. So I've gone through Ubuntu and XBMC forums for directions and I made custom modelines in xorg.conf. I get the resolution set to where it fits my screen, Ubuntu loads great.

Then I load XBMC, it looks great, I go to play an MKV files and it crashes back to the desktop. I'm new to Linux and Ubuntu, so I don't really know what I'm looking for in the error logs. When I go back and remove the things I added to xorg.conf, the screen goes back to 1260x768 and XBMC works fine.

However, I do know that the frequencies shown to be valid in 1920x1080 modes are above the limits found by EDID. I really don't want to just suck it up and watch on a lower resolution, and I'm wondering since I'm new to Linux if there's something obvious I'm missing.

I'm running Karmic 9.10 (32-bit), Nvidia 190, and XBMC 9.11b1, on an Acer Aspire Revo1600, and it's connected via HDMI Sony Bravia KDF-50E3000