Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: .filename files when copying from OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I copy a file from my mac to the XBMC pc, it creates a .filename for that file. When updating the library in XBMC, it shows the file two times (one for the actual video, and one for the ._filename file).

Is there any way to make XBMC ignore files starting with a dot? Or even better: can I stop OSX from creating this files?
generator Wrote:Whenever I copy a file from my mac to the XBMC pc, it creates a .filename for that file. When updating the library in XBMC, it shows the file two times (one for the actual video, and one for the ._filename file).

Is there any way to make XBMC ignore files starting with a dot? Or even better: can I stop OSX from creating this files?

google for "stop DS_Store", that will have the info.
Thanks, but i've already disabled that. What I mean are the ._filename files that are created for every single file. (As far as I know) these can't be disabled from OSX. That's way I'm hoping XBMC could ignore these files.
generator Wrote:Thanks, but i've already disabled that. What I mean are the ._filename files that are created for every single file. (As far as I know) these can't be disabled from OSX. That's way I'm hoping XBMC could ignore these files.

xbmc.log please. that will tell us more info including which version you are running.
generator Wrote:Ok, here you go:

http://pastebin.com/m6cb390d7

how about a screenprint of xbmc showing these "." files