Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nooob: using IMDB scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently purchased a mac mini to use specifically as an HTPC to run XBMC which arrived today. I have never intalled or used XBMC before; furthermore, I have 0 experience using macs. I think I have all the basics worked out as far as being able to use XBMC to browse to my video collection and play files.

My problem is getting all the movie info from IMDB to display. I have the set content and selected the IMDB scrapper and tried every combination of settings (auto scan, names from folders, reclusive scan, etc.) I have spent the last 6.5hrs trying to complete these tasks but I am getting no results.

What happens when XBMC actually scans your collection and connects to IMDB for info to DL? Will I see something that says its doing what its supposed to do or does it not do anything to let me know its working on my task? Only once did I see it say "scanning for content" or something of that nature on the title bar of XBMC app but it seemed to move too quick (3 sec) to actually scan my library.

I don't know if this is related to my problem but when I go to my movie source I see where I can change the file view and under that I see 'Library Mode' with a grayed out tick box that I can not tick. Maybe I have to tick that 'Library Mode'?

Apologies in advance for the extremely noooobish question but I am getting really frustrated and have read through all the articles in the online manual and searched the forum and all the forum topics apear to be people that know what they are doing and are experiencing more advanced problems.
Also, I have half my movies in folders and the other half are not. Does it matter if I have the files in folders or not?
Hours and hours later I am still trying to get info from IMDB with absolutely no success. I am so close to throwing this mac mini in the trash and hooking my WD TV back up.

But I am DETERMINED to get this right!

I found that a log file can be helpful. I am not sure if I did it right but I will keep my fingers crossed.

http://pastebin.com/m44455847
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Big Grin

installed Boxee Wink

Took seconds to setup and retrieve all my movie info.