Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I see the xbmc version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been searching this for hours now.... And I can't find any info on how or where I can see my current version of xbmc.

Either from within xbmc or in the console.
it depends on the skin you're using, but many show the xbmc version on the 'System Info' screen.
What Ronie said. You can also always look in the log file too. The top line shows the version.
Try info on your remote when you're in home screen.
Otherwise depends on skin you kan find info in system (miniMeedia) or shutdown menu(pmIII)

If you're using a skin without system info option and use a keyboard set a key on your keyboard with this function.
<.....>XBMC.ActivateWindow(SystemInfo)</......>
That worked, thats alot! Big Grin

The reason I want to know is because I don't know if xbmc was updated automatically or not to beta2. It wasn't...

So I tried...
sudo apt-get update
suda apt-get upgrade
...but xbmc still would not upgrade.

Am I missing something? (Linux newbie...)

Waffa Wrote:Try info on your remote when you're in home screen.
Otherwise depends on skin you kan find info in system (miniMeedia) or shutdown menu(pmIII)

If you're using a skin without system info option and use a keyboard set a key on your keyboard with this function.
<.....>XBMC.ActivateWindow(SystemInfo)</......>
xbmc\system\keymaps in here you'll find .xml files for each control device.
You can customise your keymap.

Add to keyboard.xml <global>
<a>XBMC.ActivateWindow(SystemInfo)</a>

And the a on you keyboard will show you the info.
jonte511 Wrote:That worked, thats alot! Big Grin

The reason I want to know is because I don't know if xbmc was updated automatically or not to beta2. It wasn't...

So I tried...
sudo apt-get update
suda apt-get upgrade
...but xbmc still would not upgrade.

Am I missing something? (Linux newbie...)

Please look at this post. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63781

I think you are still using the PPA I have deprecated.