Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote - which button does what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently the latest version of XBMC Live supports the MCE remotes out of the box. I'm programming my Harmony remote to mimic the MCE remote and I was just wondering if there's a quick list to show which button on the MCE remote does what ...

Obviously I'm not referring to the obvious buttons, like play, stop, pause, etc. But for example, by default, what function is the Windows Green button mapped to? In case it makes things simpler, here's a list of buttons on the MCE remote that I'm wondering about:

Jump to Recorded TV
Show TV Guide
Jump to Live TV
Scroll Through Subtitles
Red Button
Green Button
Yellow Button
Blue Button
Interactive TV Teletext
Green Windows Logo button
Back (is it the equivalent of backspace or escape key since they do different things?)

Btw, here's a picture of the buttons and description: http://www.oneweb.co.uk/mythtv/wp-conten...remote.jpg

Thanks for any help,
Harry
miked2024 Wrote:here's the wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml#Remote_Buttons

Thanks, but to be honest, that gives me pretty much no info. All that page lists is the keys on the MCE remote but it doesn't actually say what they do on XBMC. Technically it lists the MCE remote keys side by side the XBox remote keys so you can decipher what some of the keys do, but those are the obvious ones (play, pause, etc.). It doesn't list what all the other keys on the MCE remote do ... unless they do nothing by default, which would be a bit odd given that one of the new features XBMC Live 9.11 is native MCE remote support.

Thanks,
Harry
system/Lircmap.xml shows you the mapping from lirc buttons to xbmc buttons.
keymap.xml holds the mapping of those xbmc buttons to actions.

so what's the issue exactly?
spiff Wrote:system/Lircmap.xml shows you the mapping from lirc buttons to xbmc buttons.
keymap.xml holds the mapping of those xbmc buttons to actions.

so what's the issue exactly?

Not so much an issue, more of a query. I'm in the process of setting up my Harmony remote and would love to know what button does what (the actual computer isn't setup yet, so I can't do physical trial and error tests). However, now that I know which two files to check out, I can hopefully reference things. If I figure out what the buttons in my original post do I'll post back in case others have similar questions.

Thanks,
Harry