Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resume Woes on ION 330 based machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using MCE remote and suspend works once then I have problems. From a cold boot suspend works and pressing power button on the remote causing the machine to resume as expected. Then if I try and suspend again (either using the power button or menus) XBMC appears to start suspending but then comes back.

Background:
I recently put together a machine using Asus AT3N7A-I Intel Atom 330/Nvidia ION motherboard and installed 9.04.1 live (with nVidia drivers). I was so impressed with how easy the install was and how everything just worked.

I decided to use the original XBOX dongle to keep it consistent with the XBOX it was replacing and others is the house. I adapted the dongle to put a USB cable on it and after a lot of playing around and searching I got the XBOX remote working and the resume was sort of working. The problem was that the machine would resume with any activity on the IR dongle so basically using any remote would cause a resume which was far from ideal.

I decided to get an MCE remote and proceeded to undo some of the changes I had done to get the XBOX dongle working. To be sure I actually did a fresh install and the problem stated at the beginning of this post is still present. Everything works except the resume only works successfully once from cold.

Any ideas? I'm going to try 9.11 Beta 2 although some of the posts I read suggested that some people were having more resume issues with that than 9.04.1

EDIT: Added logfile where I enabled logging, suspended successfully and resumed successfully and then tried suspending again and have the problem where XBMC just restarts.

http://pastebin.com/f55b86f1d
Thankyou that did the trick. I did a lot of searching but somehow managed to miss those posts, probably due to so many posts about resume or remote issues just not too many about the issue I had Big Grin
If you're willing to do some hardware hacking, I posted this tutorial today.
Thanks, I will probably give that a go with the next box (I have most of the bits I would need)

Just to be clear the MCE remote is now working perfectly for me and only responds to the power button so other IR activity does not cause a resume. The power on any IR was only a problem with the XBOX IR dongle. With the MCE remote it just worked without any configuration, the only thing I needed to do was the edit ZooMigo pointed to to correct the problem with the resume only working once.