Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Finally the hickups are GONE!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

As you may have read in other threads i have had issues playing 23.976 files. XBMC switches to the right mode (24p) no problem there but every 60 secons or so there where a little small hickup.
I have tried everything, changing nvidia driver, adding own modelines to xorg.conf, changing settings in xorg.conf etc etc.

And tonight i tried to log out from my gnome session and log in again choosing the XBMC session instead of gnome and my issues are gone!
Everything is playing 100% smooth. No hickups, no stutter, no judder only 100% smooth playback!

For information i'm running XBMC beta 2 on an Asrock ION 330 connected to my 24p capable Toshiba Regza 47".
tedh Wrote:Hi,

As you may have read in other threads i have had issues playing 23.976 files. XBMC switches to the right mode (24p) no problem there but every 60 secons or so there where a little small hickup.
I have tried everything, changing nvidia driver, adding own modelines to xorg.conf, changing settings in xorg.conf etc etc.

And tonight i tried to log out from my gnome session and log in again choosing the XBMC session instead of gnome and my issues are gone!
Everything is playing 100% smooth. No hickups, no stutter, no judder only 100% smooth playback!

For information i'm running XBMC beta 2 on an Asrock ION 330 connected to my 24p capable Toshiba Regza 47".

I have another solution to this issue also. In my xbmc start script i do a "killall -v gtk-window-decorator" before launching xbmc. This way i don't have to log out from my ubuntu desktop session each time i want to run xbmc.
I just have my box set up to boot straight into XBMC when I switch it on. If I want to use Ubuntu, I just break out from XBMC then change session.

If I was having playback issues the very first thing I'd try is running XBMC natively, rather than from within a ubuntu session.

Glad you've got your issues fixed though! Big Grin