Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] XBMC 9.11 Beta 2 - Suspend/Wake Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is the fix guys, worked for me Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=415...tcount=167

S3 and S4 works flawlessly with usbcore.autosuspend=-1
biggiesmallz Wrote:Here is the fix guys, worked for me Big Grin

I saw this ealier, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I've got a Zotac GF9300-D-E. New rev. Just can't seem to get this working! Sad

Does anything specific have to be set in BIOS? Most of mine are at defaults I believe.

If a Hibernate this doesn't happen, but then I can't use my remote to start it back up!

That's it! Worked for me anyway!

So just to simplify,

Boot up XBMC Live
Ctrl+Alt+F2
Login with username/password
sudo nano /boot/grub/menu.lst
Locate the first boot system (Currently labeled ubuntu, not XBMCLive)
Add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the end of the 'kernel' line of text
Ctrl+Alt+Delete to reboot
Your suspend now works as expected!

Now the question is, should this fix be included in the stable release? Or is this a Zotac-only problem and will adding the autosuspend=-1 mess up other installs?
anyone get this working with any Acer Revos?
pookguy88 Wrote:anyone get this working with any Acer Revos?

Follow the steps from the link in post #5 and it'll work on a Revo
I'm having the same problem with it waking up immediately after suspending but I'm using a full Ubuntu install rather than LIVE.

Will the above fix work for my setup too or is it just for LIVE?
I've tried all the potential fixes listed in this thread, but my system still won't wake via USB. Here is my:

Code:
HUB0      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
XVR0      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
XVR1      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0b.0
XVR2      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0c.0
PS2M      S4     disabled  pnp:00:08
PS2K      S4     disabled  pnp:00:09
USB0      S4     enabled  pci:0000:00:02.0
USB2      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:02.1
AZAD      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:05.0
MMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:07.0

I can't help but think that the problem is that it's showing 'S4' rather than 'S3' since I'm suspending to S3. Does anyone know if this matters? If so, how can I get it to change? I tried changing the text in the wakeup file and saved it, but it didn't help and when I went back and viewed the file later it had reverted back to 'S4'. I'm guessing that the file derives it's contents from somewhere and it just overwrote my manual edit?
I'm having the same issue as others. I can issue a sleep command successfully from the remote but it resumes immediately.
Try different USB port, on my system, USB IR receiver connect to USB5, you can set both USB0 and USB2. On my system they all S4 and resume works just fine.

RockDawg Wrote:I've tried all the potential fixes listed in this thread, but my system still won't wake via USB. Here is my:

Code:
HUB0      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
XVR0      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
XVR1      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0b.0
XVR2      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0c.0
PS2M      S4     disabled  pnp:00:08
PS2K      S4     disabled  pnp:00:09
USB0      S4     enabled  pci:0000:00:02.0
USB2      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:02.1
AZAD      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:05.0
MMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:07.0

I can't help but think that the problem is that it's showing 'S4' rather than 'S3' since I'm suspending to S3. Does anyone know if this matters? If so, how can I get it to change? I tried changing the text in the wakeup file and saved it, but it didn't help and when I went back and viewed the file later it had reverted back to 'S4'. I'm guessing that the file derives it's contents from somewhere and it just overwrote my manual edit?

Wonderful! worked for me as well. Thnx a lot! Laugh
Still not working for me... tried this fix too..
Ok got it working on my revo, I can go in and out of sleep with the MCE remote but now that that's working I have a couple of issues:
1) When I wake from sleep I can no longer play videos. I see my library, network conncectivity is good (I play from SMB shares), but for whatever reason it just hangs when I select a movie to play.
2) Is there a way to get rid of that extremely annoying blinking blue power LED while it's in suspend?
3) What's the difference between suspend and hibernate? Is it possible to awake from hibernate the same way we do with suspend?
pookguy88 Wrote:2) Is there a way to get rid of that extremely annoying blinking blue power LED while it's in suspend?

Yeah I woud like to know this also. Although it's not a massive problem as I have it mounted on the back of my LCD with one of these brackets so I can't see it flashing anyway.

pookguy88 Wrote:3) What's the difference between suspend and hibernate? Is it possible to awake from hibernate the same way we do with suspend?

IIRC Hibernate saves present contents of RAM to a file on the HDD and then fully powers down. When you switch on again it loads that file back into RAM again.

IIRC suspend permanently powers the RAM but powers down everything else.
Pages: 1 2