Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win7] XBMC slow buffering mythtv recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

When I try to play some MythTV recordings (SD) XBMC is really slow in buffering (1% each 1-2 seconds).

Downloading the recordings via MythWeb is quick.
Playing DVD.iso's through a smb-share (hosted on the same machine as MythTV) pose no problems for XBMC.

I'm running XBMC 9.11b2 on a ThinkPad R500 with a freshly installed Windows 7.

I've got 2 other Windows XP boxes running XBMC 9.11b1 and b2 with no issues playing from MythTV-backend.

I've tried turning of ZoneAlarm but that didn't help.

Any ideas what is causing this?

debug-log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/341999/

- Bjarne
*bump*

Just installed 9.11 Release - still REALLY slow in buffering MythTV recording
I have the same issue.
Turning off Zone Alarm wouldn't help, it still keeps internet blocking settings the same. You have to disable whatever traffic blocking from inside the program for it to make a difference.

Can you try running XBMC in compatiblity mode and see if that makes a difference?
Forgot all about my issues (gave up), but installed XBMC 10, and now XBMC would freeze up completely if I tried doing anything mythtv-related.

Googling I stubmled across this old problem of mine - and a suggestion I completely missed.

Anyway - running i compatibility-mode fixed my issues. XBMC and MythTV are playing nicely again. :-)

- Bjarne