Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] All movies but one works, cannot jump chapters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

First some info:
XBMC version: 9.11-alpha2 r25697, compiled dec 14 2009 from svn
System: Gentoo, kernel 2.6.30.
GPU: Geforce 9300 integrated on an Asus P5N7A-VM board.
Resolution: 1360x768 @ 50 Hz, running fullscreen.

The problem:
I'm trying to play a movie from my harddrive, a ripped DVD containing the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, nothing fancy.

Here's what happens:
The movie starts, shows me the annoying "don't copy this movie..." text, all is good so far.
After that, there's supposed to be a fading image before the menu, however there's a random color (gotten white, blue and orange so far) instead. Then, the menu appears, as it should. There are three options: "play movie", "scene selection" and "subtitles", the last one doesn't really matter.
I hit the "play movie" option, and the movie starts. All is good. If I watch it from start to finish it works great.
I try to fast-forward, and that works.
The problem appears when I want to change chapters. The image freezes, so does the progress bar, time etc., and I have to exit the movie to get out of it. Sometimes that wont work, and I have to kill it using the TTY.

If I instead go to the menu and choose "scene selection", I can select any chapter, and it starts playing from there. Trying to change chapters here also freezes the image.

I have like 50 other movies, and they all play fine. Both DVD folders and iso/img files.
I can also play the same DVD folder in VLC without problems, on the same system.

I'm not really sure what info you guys might need, except the debug log.

Since it's a DVD, attaching it is rather hard. Are there any apps (for linux) that could cut it down in size, without messing with the menus?

I found nowhere to attach files (am I blind?) so I put it up on pastie: http://pastie.org/744587 - takes a while to load (although only 1000 lines), probably 'cause pastie changes to twilight theme (might just be for me).
Doh, posted it wrong. Please move this to the linux specific part!