Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Software Mixing, Audio Resampling, and XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have my XBMC live installed to a flash drive and everything is working great! However, I am curious of something. My sound card (ASUS Xonar Essence STX) does not support hardware mixing. Since this is the case, it is my understanding that Dmix will resample everything to 48Khz. Is this the case?

If this is the case, I would like to resample to 96Khz with a higher quality resampler but I am unsure how to do this. I read through the alsa wiki and I am unsure of what all to change in the asound.conf in the XBMC system folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel
thefluffy Wrote:So, I have my XBMC live installed to a flash drive and everything is working great! However, I am curious of something. My sound card (ASUS Xonar Essence STX) does not support hardware mixing. Since this is the case, it is my understanding that Dmix will resample everything to 48Khz. Is this the case?

If this is the case, I would like to resample to 96Khz with a higher quality resampler but I am unsure how to do this. I read through the alsa wiki and I am unsure of what all to change in the asound.conf in the XBMC system folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel

Tbh, I'm not sure how to tell it to resample differently but I can say that by default software mixing is on (if you use analog out).
Thanks for the info. From reading on the Alsa page, I concluded that it had to be resampling.

Any input on how to force resampling to a particular setting as well as force the Sample Rate Converter used.

On a full install of Karmic I was able to use the pulse audio daemon.conf file to set all of this. I am clueless on how to do it in ALSA.

Daniel