Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Going to start again.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok,

i'm going to start all over, but i would like to use Confluence as the base as it seems to be the most up to date skin, i know it is open source but i would still like to ask permission from the originators.

hopefully my new skin will be a fresh clean & simple look, my mod of aeon has gotten way to complicated and WAY to many options. i am only going to use Confluence as a start just to save me time in starting totally with the empty skin.

so is it ok if i use Confluence as a base to start my new skin ?

Cheers
fine with me
Cheers Jezz
Lookout your have requests in a minute for features in a new skin that doesn't exist yet Laugh
when will it be released? ;-)
... I don't see a download link... Nerd Big Grin

The work on your Aeon Mod was very nice. Looking forward to what you come up with. Good luck.
Laugh will it have a christmas theme Laugh

OK lets get serious and leave the guy alone
Good luck mate.
Jezz_X Wrote:Laugh will it have a christmas theme Laugh
OK lets get serious and leave the guy alone

Wait ... What's wrong with a Christmas theme? Wink

andyblac Wrote:ok,

i'm going to start all over, but i would like to use Confluence as the base as it seems to be the most up to date skin, i know it is open source but i would still like to ask permission from the originators.

hopefully my new skin will be a fresh clean & simple look, my mod of aeon has gotten way to complicated and WAY to many options. i am only going to use Confluence as a start just to save me time in starting totally with the empty skin.

so is it ok if i use Confluence as a base to start my new skin ?

Cheers

Good luck man!
ok here is a serious question lol will it be 720 or 1080 like showmix 2.5?
z][ggy;460839 Wrote:ok here is a serious question lol will it be 720 or 1080 like showmix 2.5?

I'm a reckon code wise it really doesn't matter if you use 720p or 1080i folders sure you loose maybe a little accuracy in positioning things when it gets scaled up but then 720 also would have the same issue not to mention people that use any sort of calibration. The actual quality of the viewing experience is more related to the size of the original textures not the xml code
arrrh o'k maybe it's just me then lol because when I run showmix 2.5 everything just seems to look better including music visualization I just saw the 1080i folder and got excited lol, I don't know enough about the inner workings of a skin to really understand but thats down to me to further educate myself lol
Jezz_X Wrote:I'm a reckon code wise it really doesn't matter if you use 720p or 1080i folders sure you loose maybe a little accuracy in positioning things when it gets scaled up but then 720 also would have the same issue not to mention people that use any sort of calibration. The actual quality of the viewing experience is more related to the size of the original textures not the xml code
You must have missed the whole 720p/1080i discussion.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63446
Not really but I seriously doubt that xbmc scales the images twice if you are using 1080p images with 720p xmls that would be just silly if it did and resource and time wasting.

I would assume that it would scale all the xmls co-ordinates and then load the images at the required size the control says it is but just to be 100% sure I'll get jmarshall to confirm it for us.
It doesn't scale anything twice. All that happens is the "skin resolution" simply defines a one-time scale factor to apply to all coordinates (scaling from skin res to calibrated screen res) at render time.

All images are loaded at their native size - they're only resampled on load if they're background loaded (eg fanart) and only if they're larger than min(width,2048) by min(height,1080) where width and height are the screen resolution.

The rendering of controls is thus directly from the original image direct into the rectangle described by the scaled control rectangle. The scaling (bilinear filtering) is performed by the GPU.

Short answer: The skin resolution affects only the alignment of controls. In most cases it won't make any difference at all.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Pages: 1 2